Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to execute same QTP 9.2 script on both IE6 & IE7 Browsers
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago Sad 
I need some one help who has gone thru with this issue and got any solution....I have created some QTP script with IE 6 Browser. When i tried to execute same script on IE7 Browser, QTP returns error message at different objects..like Dialog Message Box.

If any one has solution on this please let me know me ....
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
I know that QTP 9.2 supports both IE6 and IE7, but not sure wether the script which has written by using IE6 will be able to run IE7, since the version are different there may some changes in the property of IE.

Pls write the script for the same functionality by using IE7 and run, it is working fine the it is understood that the script which is written in IE6 is not possible to run on IE7

Pls let me knw the result

Regards
Raj
I use QTP to record web applications on both IE6 and IE7. I have to record a script for each browser, eventhough it is the same senario. The recorded scripts will not run on the other browser because of the difference in the browser coding that Quicktest records.
I hope this gives you somewhat of an answer as to why you are having trouble.

Xandel
Hi Friends,

We can't execute same script on different browsers.Then how can we do compatability testing on different browsers...

We need to generate difference script for different browser, it will take too much time to take. then wat is the use of use Automation tool..

Please give me the proper answer.

Thanx in Advance.

Surendra
It's not the whole script that you need to change only the part where there is a difference, which I see in most cases is minimal.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Execute button of putton won't be clicke automaticly in UFT (VB) MarUFT 3 2,450 11-21-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Not able to execute script shanthalaAR 0 1,942 06-27-2015, 03:53 AM
Last Post: shanthalaAR
  How to Execute a testset from QC using OTA framework AutomationTester2011 12 51,586 01-21-2015, 09:22 PM
Last Post: karthik_sanakran
  Is there a possible way to execute sql in QTP using 'WITH' clause shruthic 0 2,990 04-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Last Post: shruthic
  Execute scripts sherst 0 2,834 01-11-2013, 01:46 AM
Last Post: sherst