Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get a multi_line text ?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago

.doc   screenshots.doc (Size: 37.5 KB / Downloads: 98) Hi There,

I cannot find how to get a multi-line text.
My problem is that a dialog box appears when a mandatory editbox is not filled up when clicking to get to the next page.

I have to get the text written in the dialog box. I tried to use GetROProperty this way :

Code:
If Browser("Connexion à PeopleSoft").Dialog("Microsoft Internet Explorer").Exist(1) Then
Set cMessage=Description.Create()
cMessage("Class Name").Value="Static"
Set cMessages=Browser("Connexion à PeopleSoft").Dialog("Microsoft Internet Explorer").ChildObjects(cMessage)
text = cMessages(0).GetROProperty("text")

1) As the text is <multi-line value> => error

Thanks
Alain
Hi Alain,
Seems as if you clicked on the title bar of your dialog box. Try recording the click event directly on the text message and then replace the .Click with GetROProperty. After recording the click event check which property gives you the complete text message.
Thanks for replying but I finally solve my problem using this :

Code:
Dialog_Text = Browser("Connexion à PeopleSoft").Dialog("Microsoft Internet Explorer").GetVisibleText
Message_Dialog = Split(Dialog_Text, Chr(10), -1, vbTextCompare)

Then :

Message_Dialog(0) = First line
Message_Dialog(1) = Second line

Regards
Alain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to Validate Text filed is blank after clicking on the Text box balak89 3 4,547 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  I am trying to extract text from a webelement but it is generating blank text scenari excellentpawan 2 4,293 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan
  how to find a particular text in a text string pjavvaru 3 16,647 06-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Last Post: jsknight1969
  Retrieve text from Text Checkpoint Amit Singh Chauhan 1 2,311 08-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Last Post: basanth27