Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get data from an activeX Grid
Not Solved
Hi All,

I have a grid which is like this:
Code:
VbWindow("frmMainInterface").VbWindow("frmPersonnelList").ActiveX("ListboxWrapper.lstControl").ActiveX("itGrid6.itGrid")

Could anybody please tell me a way to fetch the data out of this grid. I have tried to 'Object Spy' this grid but this does not tell anything further to 'itGrid6.itGrid'.

Can QTP read the data under this Grid. If yes, then how?
Not Solved
Hi,

Try with below way.

Code:
VbWindow("frmMainInterface").VbWindow("frmPersonnelList").ActiveX("ListboxWrapper.lstControl").ActiveX("itGrid6.itGrid").Object.DoClick
Actx_Data=VbWindow("frmMainInterface").VbWindow("frmPersonnelList").ActiveX("ListboxWrapper.lstControl").ActiveX("itGrid6.itGrid").Object.Text
msgbox Actx_Data
Not Solved
Thanks for the response Sreeakanth but the following didn't work. First, the doClick event was not recognized, so i replaced it with Click. but when I ran the script after that it just displayed me 20 11. I have about 22 rows in this grid having about 24 columns with data in most of them. QTP is considering whole of the grid as a single entity.

anyways thatnsk for your help. If you have any other idea then I would really appreciate that
Aman

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ActiveX component can't create object: 'JavaWindow' JayeshK 0 1,466 01-07-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: JayeshK
  Not able to click text inside the grid dropdown szkapoo 6 4,289 12-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  SAPGUI Grid Ansh123 1 5,517 11-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  UFT with Windows grid user1 0 2,853 10-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Last Post: user1
Exclamation URGENT: ActiveX component can't create object citibank_ani 3 15,269 09-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: VarunKaushik