Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get qtp Reporter/Summary in vb script
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

I am writing a vb script to capture the test results(pass,fail, start time, end time, etc) and to add them into an email body. Basically I want to get Reporter.RunStatus which gives pass/fail infor. and Summary which gives the start/end time. But how do I get them in vbscript?

I tried CreateObject("QuickTest.Reporter), and it doesn't work. Also Summary is not a qtp object but en element of an action. I am new to QTP and vbs, can anyone help?

Thanks!

Rong

Plus note:

I am writing an external vbscript, which opens QTP and runs a test. At the end of test, Iwant to capture the qtp test resuls into the external vbscript and then send the results via email.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Code:
Set app = createobject("QuickTest.Application")
Result_value = app.test.lastrunresults.status

Here , 'Result_value' will give the result of the test execution , u can use this for the further purpose.

Thanks,
Harish Shenoy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reporter unable to load results when objects are involved? Elimelech.Eli 2 3,457 06-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Elimelech.Eli
  QTP test results summary details? Ramadas 2 3,315 10-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Ramadas
  QTP Test results summary details Ramadas 0 1,916 10-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Ramadas
  How to write Action Iteration Summary SaranKumarV 0 2,691 03-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Last Post: SaranKumarV
  Reporter.reportevent result not displayed for second checkpoint sudhirzpatil 5 4,302 12-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Last Post: manishbhalshankar