Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to get the links which appears on mouse hover of parent link
Solved: 6 Years, 1 Week ago
Hi all,

I have scenario, where i ll have the set of links which appears only on mouse hovering the parent link, and if i tried to spy,QTP unable to spy on the links , Please help me out to resolve the issue

Thanks
Raju
Try this,

Code:
Browser().page().Link().FireEvent "onmouseover"
wait(2)
Regards,
Ravi
Hi Rajendra,

Press Control Key and mouse over the object which has set of links. U will be able to see the set of links under the object poping down. U can then release Ctrl key and select the required link.

Let me know if it does not work.

Regards,
Ankesh
Thanks for your replies,I able to mouse hover the link ,but i am not able to click on the links which appeared after mouse hover the parent link,even QTP Object spy cannot recognise it,look at the attachment

Regards
Rajendra

Attached Files Image(s)

Can you plz record it and paste the code?
ANS:
Hi,

If spy doesnot works then i think only solution is that u can record the operation from application and the code which gets written in the Expert view .Try to run those scripts and see whether ur problem is solved or not.

Sometimes qtp unable to recognise particular operation so better we can try Record and Playback method to solve certain situation

Thanks
Thanks for ur reply.but QTP unable to recording in normal mode.its recording analog mode only. I have tried with "oshell object "and "mercury.devicereply" object even i am not able to click on the links which appeared after mouse hover the parent link

Ex:
Code:
browser().page().webelement().fireevent "onmouseover"
set oshell = createobject(WScript.shell)
oshell.sendkeys "{DOWN}"
oshell.sendkeys "{ENTER}"
or
Code:
Set deviceReplay = CreateObject( "Mercury.DeviceReplay" )
deviceReplay.KeyDown VK_CONTROL
deviceReplay.PressKey  VK_A

for more understanding plz find the above screenshot
please help me

Thanks
Raju
Hello,

Can give mouseover operation and how to get object information on mouseover on flipkart application
Thanks
Nagendra
There is a option in QTP interface called "Web Event Recording Configuration" in Tools Menu Chane the option from Basic to High and then start recording it will record the Mouse over, Mouse click and all the operations that required to verify the object
I could work out using Fire event alone. My requirement is to mouse hover on x - then on y - and inside y - mouse over on one of the list items z - and click on it. The problem with UFT is - we can spy and identify properties for x and y levels - but we cannot spy on the list inside y to get z. 
So, just try a wild guess for z - based on what u see for x and y -  as all three belong to class - "Link" . for x and y - UFT identified name property and value is what u see in UI. Try this for z too - it might work... Worked for me . . . Smile
x -> y -> z

Set wd = browser("micclass:=Browser").Page("micclass:=page")
wd.link("name:=x").FireEvent "onmouseover"
wd.link("name:=y").FireEvent "onmouseover"
wd.link("name:=z").FireEvent "onmouseover"
wd.link("name:=z").Click

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting background color of an object on mouse over Surya 2 3,713 06-27-2018, 08:51 PM
Last Post: vensas3181
Question Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link srinivassure 9 52,697 07-30-2016, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Akshay
  verify that parent properties match object currently displayed in your application. sona 0 2,943 02-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: sona
  How to write a script for fly out menus (Parent - Child - Sub Child) rajkumarsm 3 4,448 09-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  exit parent functions as well Shridevi.Salagare 3 3,600 07-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Ankur