Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get the web page name dynamically
Not Solved
Hi, I'm new to QTP.
I'm trying to automate an application using QTP, in which based on the input the web page name will be changed.
for example: if i give input as 1, the page name will be 'Pavani-1'
and if i give 2, the page may be 'Anu-2'.
If this is the behaviour of the web page, how to get the page name dynamically?
Not Solved
Hi,

There must be some logic from where it is picking these names like Pavani,Anu etc. Catch that logic and based on the input u made like 1 or 2 concatenate that with those name and u r done with dynamic names.

Regards,
Sankalp
Not Solved
use GetROProperty to get the name of the page and store the name in to a variable use the variable in the script where ever you want to get the name of the webpage dynamically
Not Solved
Hi,

You can get it by using GetROproperty and as far as object identification is concerned, you can use regular expressions ex: for the webpage's title you can use ".*" in descriptive programming.
Code:
Browser("name:=").Webpage("title:=.*")

Thanks
Akankhya
Not Solved
Assuming that there are few inputs and for the logic mentioned ...you may refer the below code
Code:
Option Explicit
strInput=inputbox( "Ener a value")
Select Case strInput
Case 1:
   Set oPage=Description.Create
    oPage("title").value="Pavani-1"
Case 2:
    oPage("title").value="Anu-2"
Case Else
    oPage("title").value="something"
End Select
'perform required operations on the page
'at the end
Set oPage=Nothing

you can go for what Akankhya said...but it would cause an issue if the page displayed is not as expected for a particular input.
Say for input 1, we expect "Pavani-1" page....but the page actually displayed could be an error page in which case we get error page title when we use Browser("name:=").Webpage("title:=.*").getROProperty("title").

Not Solved
hi,
i have tried with Webpage(:.*), but i didn't get....can u pls tell any other method

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT issues with Outsystems dynamically generated Id/names jherron 2 1,124 03-02-2020, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Swishy70
  Unable to capture value of Webelement which is changing dynamically sheetal 9 15,638 02-16-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: janki_kakadia
  Unable to click on dynamically changing webelement preeti 0 1,693 04-29-2017, 08:50 PM
Last Post: preeti
  click each web link in a page using Index or other method in QTP smeijer 13 23,673 04-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: kowshik
  VB Script to count number of links in a web page. Suma Parimal 4 24,755 07-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: govind