Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to identify HTML tables developed with DIV and SPAN tags as 'WEBTABLE'?
Not Solved
Hi All,

I have muliple tables in my webpage and all these were developed using DIV and SPAN tags. QTP unable to identify these tables as WEBTABLE instead it's treating each cell as a WebElement. Hence am not able to retrieve number of rows, columns and corresponding cell values. Moreover all tables are dynemic interms of rows and columns, means sometimes 5 rows, 5 columns and sometimes 10 rows 7 columns. SO it is very important for me to retrieve no.of rows and columns.

currently code is looking like below:
Browser().Page().WebElement() '' This is for each cell and there is no WebTable object.

And i would like to see as below:
Browser().Page().WebTable() '' for entire table grid in webapge

I would appreciate if someone could assist me in how to deal with such tables in QTP?

Thanks in Advance,
Ramesh
Not Solved
Well, Div and Span tags are used to separate the document in the HTML page so that is not an issue, i guess there is some issue with the add-ins.
and if u are using a Repository then i would suggest u to go with descriptive programming and use index property of the table...

P.S. : I m newbie @ QTP. Big Grin

Victor~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link in a webtable in a webtable Soulwalker 1 2,688 07-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  How to identify dynamic webtable as unique in QTP? sudheendramurthy 4 18,071 02-23-2016, 06:16 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  DIV and span tags techvas 6 10,142 06-24-2015, 12:59 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Dynamic obj rep - get text in the class (html) marcio cravo moreira 0 2,037 05-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Last Post: marcio cravo moreira
  Webtable actions are not getting recorded, but ObjectSpy is able to identify webtable sahilarora2000 2 3,621 06-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Last Post: vinod123