Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to identify dynamically changing objects?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

I am working on an application where the objects are changing dynamically. Below is the example:

1. For a check box, OR is taking as Webelement also when we run for multiple times then the object could not be identified... its index is getting changed...

Can anyone help on creating a logic where we can identify objects during run time?
Also can anyone share piece of code related to this?

Thanks,
Ravi
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Ravi,
there are two things here,
1. Object identification
2. Identifying object based on index.

We will have to deal with each one individually. Here is a hint,

For the first case,

Object Identification:

Webcheckbox should be easily identified if the Web addin is selected. If not, try some basic trouble checks like,
1. Close all. Open QTP, Then Open the application. See if that helps.
2. Spy and try to find if there is any other layer which is preventing QTP from talking to the application.
3. Talk to dev team to see if they can help you out with the identification.

Index Based :

This is pretty easy, if you know what you want to do.For eg: if i know that the name of an webcheckbox is "All of the above" then i would loop through all the checkboxes to see if i get the text "all of the above" and then find the index of it and select it.

Present your case and we should be able to flow forward.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT issues with Outsystems dynamically generated Id/names jherron 2 1,124 03-02-2020, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Swishy70
  UFT CAN'T IDENTIFY OBJECTS ORGIO 3 2,105 07-28-2018, 01:25 AM
Last Post: marcelodruida
  UFT unable to identify Java app objects consistently lester 1 1,788 07-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Unable to capture value of Webelement which is changing dynamically sheetal 9 15,638 02-16-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: janki_kakadia
  Unable to click on dynamically changing webelement preeti 0 1,693 04-29-2017, 08:50 PM
Last Post: preeti