Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to identify the properties of amenu item(not Weblist)oncethe menu tab is clicked?
Not Solved
Hello ,
I'm looking for some insights on how to identify the properties and their values for each Item from the tabbed menu .{Note the menu is displayed when clicked on the tab and displays as long as the mouse cursor hovers on it}

I was able to write a code to hover over the menu tab (which is in a webtable) but unable to capture the Items from the drop down menu once the tab is clicked upon ..Let me know .
my code is given below.
Code:
Set oParent = Browser("name:=C Home").Page("title:=C Home")
                oParent.Highlight

Set oWtbl = Description.Create()
                            oWtbl("micclass").Value ="WebTable"
                            Set VarParentpath =  oParent.ChildObjects(oWtbl)
                            CountVar =  VarParentpath.Count()
                            'Msgbox CountVar

For i = 1 to CountVar-1

sWtbl_name = VarParentpath(i).GetRoProperty("name")
  sColNums =  VarParentpath(i).GetRoProperty("cols")
    sRows = VarParentpath(i).GetRoProperty("rows")

If  Trim(sWtbl_name) = "tsks"  And  Trim(sColNums) = "11"  And Trim(sRows) ="1" Then

For icols = 1 to sColNums

Set oWtblImg =Description.Create()
                                                                oWtblImg("micclass").Value = "Image"
                                                                    Set VarImgpath =  oParent.ChildObjects(oWtblImg)
                                                                            CountImg  = VarImgpath.Count()
                                                                            'Msgbox CountImg
                                                                            VarImgpath( icols).Highlight
                                                                            sfilename = VarImgpath( icols).GetRoProperty("file name")
                                                                            sname = VarImgpath( icols).GetRoProperty("name")
                                                                            'VarImgpath( icols).Click
'At the is point below the mouseover works perfectly on the tab where i see th elist of items from the pop down menu
'My question is how do I enhance the code to click on the menu item once mouseover action is done , because im unable to capture the properties of the menu item as they dissappear once the mouse pointer is removed? Even a Object Spy does not help as the i cannot hover over the tab .
Code:
VarImgpath( icols).FireEvent"OnMouseover"
                                                                            'Msgbox sfilename
                                                                            'Msgbox sname

Next

'Exit For
   End If

Next
A response will be sincerely appreciated. Thank you and have a good day !!
Not Solved
Did you try using the FireEven Method?

Something using:
Code:
Browser("aaa").Page("bbb").WebElement("text:=Link Name").FireEven "onmouseover"

At least to help get the properties of the hidden items.

Just a quick thought off the top of my head.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBLIST shayk1985 3 5,273 05-17-2018, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  Cannot identify the specified item Beginner 0 2,329 06-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Beginner
  WinListView set item command Shahino007 0 2,530 10-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Shahino007
  Weblist selection diya 11 20,536 06-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: rajpradeep32
  Link containing special character does not clicked excellentpawan123 1 1,745 06-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032