Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to merge the scripts?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi Basanth,
1.how to merge the scripts??
e.g i have 10 scenarios for login, valid invalid etc. i prepared scripts for each separately in QTP, at the end i want to put these all at one place and in running form, how to do this??

2. if i want to add customize message in my report, is it possible??

3.i recorded scripts, these were working properly, i chekd 5 times, but when it was time to show up the scripts to my boss, that naughty scripts dint work Sad
whats the issue?

Regards
Shama
Shama -

Answers in sequence:
1. You can use the "Copy of action". Create a new test, and call all of the tests as copy of action.
2. Yes it is possible. What kind of customization you are looking forward for?
3. I am not sure until you tell me what the error message is when you showed it to your boss. I guess the scripts were scared of your boss Smile
Just kidding..
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Basanth
thanks for your quick response.
1. well, let me try this, if i got issues, i would let you know.
2. e.g i want to add a message " User has Login successfully"
how can i add this in reports??
3. it could be Big Grin Login script was working properly earlier but later it showed error message "user name and password incorrect"
Use the below statement,

2. Reporter.ReportEvent micpass, "Login Report", "User Has logged in Successfully"

3. Please describe the entire scenario with the code and the error clearly. This will help me revert back at the earliest.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Excel template for mapping manual scripts to Automation scripts. ACCBAJPA 0 2,835 09-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ACCBAJPA
  how to create checks to merge two scripts Shama Ahsan 1 2,178 04-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Jay
  Merge multiple scripts Shama Ahsan 8 6,848 04-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  How to merge Local object repository to Shared Object Repository in QTP9 keerthana 1 4,314 06-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Last Post: basanth27