Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to programmatically export/save the result to html
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Question 
Hi!

I could not find any info on that in the help, guess I was to stupid or impatient?

I aim to run my Tests without user interaction, so when my tests finish I need them store their result as html somewhere on a server - programmatically.
Ahm, but how can I do that??

(Please note, I dont mean the DataTable here, but the Result thingi created by the Reporter)

Thanks a lot!
CC
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
sorry to bump this, but currently I am in a total disbelief that this is not possible. I searched all the help and everything, and the ResultDir environment property or the ReportPath reporter property are read only - and thats the only information I get.

But there must be a way to set the output path of the reporter programmatically!

Please help, this is ridiculous!

Thanks!!!
If i m not wrong, I suppose ur question is to 'Create a HTML file' that will hold all your results of the test script rite ??

If so, it can be done through some user defined functions. Currently for my project, my client has demanded the same and I have been able to do it. If so, confirm me and I can help u out Smile
I would like to do something similar, but I would also like to include the Active Screens as well.

Has anyone done this?

Any help would be appreciated.
Brother i assume you are able to run test with the help of external script, if so then do the following, it will do all what you required. If you could not run the test through script uptill now then tell me I can help you from scratch.

"hkey_local_machine\software\mercury interactive/quicktest progessional/logger/media/log" there will be a ACTIVE key, set the value to 1. Now if you navigate to your test result folder you will find a log folder in it(run a test and check it). Here will lie the html version of your TEST result. Now in the second step force the qtp to save the result at a specified location, you can do it by doing the following:

Code:
Set qtResultsOpt = CreateObject("QuickTest.RunResultsOptions")
qtResultsOpt.ResultsLocation ="give the path of the folder where you want to save this test result"
qtResultsOpt.test.run

Always Ready and happy to help!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not able to click the save button in Save As window while downloading from SAP kathirvelnagaraj 0 2,301 08-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Last Post: kathirvelnagaraj
  Dynamic obj rep - get text in the class (html) marcio cravo moreira 0 2,046 05-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Last Post: marcio cravo moreira
  regular expression in html sujaravi123 0 2,206 12-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Last Post: sujaravi123
  Excel to HTML results keerthi286 1 2,567 04-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  Save File1.xls as Text File1.txt with save as type - Text(Tab Delimited) Rupesh Singh 0 2,412 03-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Rupesh Singh