Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
How to retrieve test result summary from a test result window using dp?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi,

I stucked at one place of my scripting. The issue is like " When we open Test Result window after complete of test execution, the left pane of the window displays the test results of all the steps and the right pane displays the "Test Result Summary". I want to fetch the whole information presents under "Test Results summary" using descriptive programming. Please remember, I am not saying to export the test result. If we check the result.xml file under results folder it will display the details for all steps that I made for the script but not the Test Results summary. I only need the Test Results Summary."

Thanks in advance.
During run time you need to export the result description to QTP datatable and build up some logic to take the Pass/Fail/Warning/Done counts. And at the end of execution you extract result to HTML or XLS file.
Hi Anirban,

Thanks for your reply. I have followed another way to retrieve:
1. Write "regedit" under run, then go to HKEy_LOCAL_MACHINE ->Software->Mercury Interactive->Quicktest professional-> logger->Media->Log
2. Then change the value for "Active" under "Log" from 0 to 1.
3. Now execute your automation script and go to the corresponding Result folder for that script. You can see a folder named as "Log" present there.
4. Go to that "Log" folder, now you can find a html file named as "LogFile.html". Open that file, it will display whole test results and their summary. At the bottom of that LogFile html page, you can find a webelement named as "ExecutionTongueassed" or "Execution Failed" depends on the status.

here in this way no need to export the test result. Again thanks for your reply
jyotikrushna,
that is a good trick, i will update the tips and tricks thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving Test Resource(ALM) to other Folder Bastian-31 0 1,482 09-18-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Bastian-31
  Can we integrate HP UFT with VSTS Test Manager or Sandpit Version rodgernadal 0 2,021 06-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Last Post: rodgernadal
  [UFT 12.52/VBScript] Test object exist, is visible and enabled before take an action sparkwanted 0 3,436 02-07-2017, 12:28 AM
Last Post: sparkwanted
  Object doesn't support this property or method: 'window(...).window(...).winobject' senthil5683 1 3,490 07-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  Test Set Run automatically Santhosh311 0 2,281 04-14-2016, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Santhosh311