Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to skip the execution of Script lines in run time
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi everybody, Could you please help me in understanding of How to skip the execution of Script lines in run time.

for suppose once the if condition is true I want to skip few lines in the script
currentcursor at 100th line
eg:
if (a=10)
Goto line 400
Endif

Please help me.
Thanks,
Azeem
No Azeem, Goto line is not supported in QTP.

what you can do is, create a function and call the function when your if statement is true.

Sanket,

I heard that "step over" and "step into" are used. I have tried using them but they do the same thing as run, can u pls tell us the exact difference b/tw the two.
Hi Rajvanan,

It seems your query is not related to this post & hence request you to open new post/thread.
Hi,

Actually i heard that thesee commands are used for this purpose only.
To skip the lines while execution.
Pls explain.
No, you heard it wrong. step over and step into are used while debugging.
Excerpt from QTP help-
Step Into runs only the current step in the active test or function library. If the current step calls another action or a function, the called action or function is displayed in the QuickTest window, and the test or function library pauses at the first line of the called action or function.
Step Over runs only the current step in the active test or function library. If the current step calls another action or a user-defined function, the called action or function is executed in its entirety, but the called action or function script is not displayed in the QuickTest window. The run session then returns to the calling test or function library and pauses at the next line.
refer QTP help for more details on debugging.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to send/pass UFT Run Error Dialog as output value to main driver script lravi4u 0 323 11-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: lravi4u
  How do you Change Run mode mid script? Caleytown 6 6,504 03-25-2021, 08:27 AM
Last Post: RB26578
  Help for instruction to click on Skip button in the warning message vijilesh 0 1,352 09-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Last Post: vijilesh
  QTP not recogonising object during run time Lavanya N 2 3,526 10-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Issues while uft script execution Mrutyanjayam 0 1,701 10-03-2015, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Mrutyanjayam