Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use thread in QTP
Not Solved
I am a beginner in QTP. I want to add thread and Interprocess communication. Can I do that?
Not Solved
very sorry, but the query is not clear enough to answer. please elaborate a bit.

Not Solved
You wanna know multi threading is possible in QTP ??? Even I want to know that....Can anyone help on this ??
Not Solved
multithreading is not possible in QTP, its kind of possible in vbscript but only for few situation where you can run multiple instances of wscript. but that too with pure vbs only. QTP can not interact/perform multiple actions at the same time.
btw what exactly you guys are looking for?
let us know your scenarios, where you want to implement this.

Not Solved
I'm also interested how to make QTP multitasking. Pure vbs is not a problem. Question how to use BackgroundWorker or System.Threading here?

It could be very useful in various occasions.
1 I would use this to run multiple vbs database checkpoints in a same time (each in separate tread)
2 Great idea to send VBs(qtp) mailing with a results from last test and continue next iterations without any delay. In this case mailing could be made in separate alternative tread
3 Making load tests by firing multiple sql commands in a same time (each in separated tread) Big Grin