Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to validate the tab positions based on ascii number
Not Solved
Please go through the attached screen shot,
Scenario: I have 8 tabs and these tabs are placed as per the ascii numbers if the ascii number has been changed for tabs then the tab position also will change
Query:
How do i validate these tab positions with ascii numbers

Thanks,
Venkat.Batchu

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Hi All,
Just to remind you about this scenario...Please let me have a better solution for this...........
Not Solved
Can you provide us some more details like from where you get those Ascii numbers? like it could be a webtable/? on same or another page.
also if you can provide a snapshot of spy of the tab.

Not Solved
Hi,
That values will be given by user say for example while creating a button name (Ex: "A" he can give a one sequence number say for example 3) so this tab should display after two tabs here this tab should placed based on ascii character of the given number..
Not Solved
when you say given by user means developer or user who uses the application if so is there any option you get those numbers
the number given for A (say 3) is the position number as you said the tab should display after two tabs, am i right? if yes then why is the ascii numbers?

anyways, I can see the name and ascii numbers listed in the image above are in the order so I think if you get the order from there, you will be able to verify the positions.

Not Solved
Hi Saket,
I have got a better idea on this and implemented in my code which is perfectly working,, Thanks alot..
Saket
For ur question:
I have a 5 buttons D,E,B,C,A and sequence numbers are 35,34,31,30,312
then based on this number first we will arrange this numbers in to ascii numbers then the order becomes 30,31,312,34,35 then the displaying of tab positions in the order of C,B,A,E,D
Finally i have got the solutions for this scenario,,,
I have used web table object for this tabs and validated these positions based on displaying of tabs

Thankssssssssssssssssss alot,
Venkat.Batchu
Not Solved
anyways I dont mind, if you get the solution working. but I am bit confused now with the question as well as the solution.
the scenario itself is not clear, can you please post more detail of the issue and the solution.

when you say ""then based on this number first we will arrange this numbers in to ascii numbers then the order becomes 30,31,312,34,35"
in which order they are? how did you find it? "arrange this numbers in to ascii numbers" means what?

"I have used web table object for this tabs and validated these positions based on displaying of tabs" How this been done?

Not Solved
My scenario is i will be validating the positions based on order given for this tab while creating...
D,E,B,C,A and sequence numbers are 35,34,31,30,312 that means
In insert page i will have the screen like this
Name: D
Sequence Number: 35
Insert Button-->By click on this insert button a name of tab "D" will be created with a sequence number of "35"
like this we will be creating the number of buttons

While displaying the position of the tabs is not directly based on the sequence numbers we given which will be sort out based on ASCII characters and will arrange w.r.t this sorted ASCII characters and finally tabs would display w.r.t these ASCII characters............

Finally--> I have used the web table for identification of the object that means in first row and first column it is displaying a tab called "C" and in the first row and second column it is displaying a tab called "B" like this ...A,E,D...

Please let me know if u need any information apart from this.........

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Close Tab Recognizes GetROProperty. WHY??? Ayesha 5 3,785 07-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Settings Resources tab missing ppsqtp 0 2,395 10-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Last Post: ppsqtp
  Recovery Scenario tab disabled on Business Components Ravi_Chandra 0 2,420 06-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Ravi_Chandra
  Application crashes on clicking a particular tab sandhyach 0 2,350 06-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Last Post: sandhyach
  Resources Tab has disappeared. SweetyChowdhury 8 4,583 10-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Saket