Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to verify that links within a PDF document are working
Not Solved
Environment QTP 11, AcroQTP AddIn, Acrobat 9.5.2
Scenario: I have a situation where, after clicking an image, a PDF file is displayed within a browser window. I have been tasked to verify the correct page is being displayed and that the embedded links are working.

Status: I am able to verify the document by searching for strings of text using <cntrl> + <shift> + F and executing a checkpoint on the results inside of the search panel.

Problem: My problem is being able to verify that the embedded links are valid and active.

Results: The links are highlighted in the normal manner so Adobe is aware that they are links. If I record a click on the link I get Browser("Browser").WinObject("AVPageView").Click 240,198 When I replay the recorded statements it hangs on the following checkpoint because the link was never executed.
I installed AcroQTP to see if there was any functionality that would help me. The only significant change is that it no longer records Browser("Browser").WinObject("AVPageView").Click 240,198

Am I attempting the impossible?

I saw a comment on an Adobe forum
"The Aptt Plugin works with QTP 11; Adobe 10.1.1; Win 7, But the Catch is it, only works on Interactive Pdf Docs and Not on Flat PDF Read-Only Docs. In order for QTP to recognize objects the PDF Doc that you are trying to Automate needs to be interactive ( needs to have Edit fields, radio button, drop downs and such) and wont work on just read-only files since QTP treats it as Image Object and reads nothing out of it."

Anyone out there had any success with my type of requirement.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PDF Automation using Adobe PDF Test Tool Kit. PremShanmugam 0 1,657 01-21-2017, 01:49 AM
Last Post: PremShanmugam
  How to save the .csv document in runtime JBA 1 1,906 01-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  verify data on Java chart dina.elmaamoun 1 2,240 02-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  Generate Word document phabloxar 3 3,643 08-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Last Post: phabloxar
  how to convert qtp reports into word document or excel sheet rashmsrit 4 5,787 12-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Last Post: rashmsrit