Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How to write scripts in Expert View
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

I am a beginner in QTP. I want to know for a beginner, how to write easy scripts in Expert View. Please guide me! From A to Z I want to know about generating scripts in QTP's Expert View!
better way to undersatnd how qtp works...start recording your operation using the record button. QTP will generate a script for that in the expert view.

Thanks Ankesh! Smile

But I want more something in details for a beginner and the role of Vbscripts in writing scripts in QTP -10.

Regards,

Payal
Record is really the best way to start your script. Record the basic functionality, this will also add objects to the repository.

Then you can start figuring out what you want to do exactly such as parameterizing fields, adding checkpoints, loops, etc.. I don't think there is an exact science to learning to use Expert view (which I find to actually be easier than Keyword view).

I'm not a coder by training, and so I have spent a lot of time reading blogs and forums and the QTP help to figure out how to do the things I want (though I'm still a long ways from being an expert Big Grin)

As far as VBScripting goes, to my knowledge it's the primary method of programming in QTP.
Thank You so much for the help!
for VbScript, QTP's own help documentation is very extensive and helpful. try looking into that as well Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SwfTree View Validation in UFT YogeshCallappa 0 1,943 10-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Last Post: YogeshCallappa
Question Outside View Terminal Emulator testing joncfrazier 0 3,196 12-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Last Post: joncfrazier
  To view log files in QTP sheetal 5 16,034 10-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Gurpreet
  Need Excel template for mapping manual scripts to Automation scripts. ACCBAJPA 0 2,833 09-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ACCBAJPA
  Keyword view RafiMahammed 2 3,170 10-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Last Post: RafiMahammed