Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IE6 scripts not working in IE7
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi All,

First of all thank you very much creating this forum, this has been very helpful for beginners like me. Great job guys, keep it up

Here is my issue, I have some scripts created using QTP9.5 and IE6. I converted the scripts to QTP10 and tried to run them on IE7, they are failing miserably. I have searched in many forums but could not find a solution. I believe the problem is with IE 7 settings.

The scripts are running fine for single browser/window and first pop up but when there is second pop up script is failing. I tried to add the pop up windows to the repository but object repository is not taking it. can anyone please help me out with this issue, Thanks in advance.
Hi Bug,

As far as I can recall, there is a change in the text displayed in the title bar of IE7.
Something related to "Webpage" and "Dialogbox" text.

Please check and let us know.
Hi Manish,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, I did spy on the window, the class name is shown as window but i couldnot find title bar as you mentioned. Is this what you needed?

Thanks
Bugfinder
Code:
dim Browserobj, validationtxt
Set Browserobj = Description.Create()
Browser("micclass") = "Browser"
Browser("url") = "" 'Insert your url here or use Expression (ie: .*msn.*)
With Browser(Browserobj).Dialog("title:=.*")
       If .Exist(1) Then
            validationtxt = .GetVisibleText(-1,-1,-1,-1)
            Reporter.ReportEvent micDone, "Popup", validationtxt
            .WinButton("OK").Click
       End If
End with

This code is adapted from a web framework I wrote that handles popups for me. I did make the Browserobj more generic, so hopefully it will still work for you.

Hope this helps.
Hi Bug,
You wont fine title bar. Check for the property: title and name. Check what it displays and compair it to that in IE6.
Hi Manish,

The pop up window doesnot have the properties you mentioned i.e title and name. I checked for Class name and text in IE6 and IE7 there is no difference.

Regards
Bugfinder
Hi jsknight,

Thanks for your reply, the pop up window doesnot have the properties you mentioned i.e micclass and url so I cannot use your code, is there anything else that I can try???

Thanks
Bugfinder
Try using regexpwndtitle or text properties. I am currently working on a newer version of this function because I ran into situations where I could not interact with the popups. When I have a better solution, I will post it.

PS: The above code did work for javascript popups where you can specify the title, but in some .NET validations the title of the window is just "Windows Internet Explorer" and this code has issues with it.
Ok. Change this.

Code:
With Browser(Browserobj).Dialog("title:=.*")

to

With Browser(Browserobj).Dialog("regexpwndtitle:=.*","nativeclass:=#32770" )

I'm not sure if the nativeclass property will change, but so far, this is working for me. use the object spy and determine if the native class is the same on your testing.
Hi Jsk ,

I finally found the solution, I copied the current regexpwndtitle and pasted it. Miraculously the window was recognized. JSK and Manish thank you all for your cooperation and supportSmile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MTM Scripts are not Working in UFT 11.5 nallapusalavijay 0 2,131 03-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Last Post: nallapusalavijay
  Need Excel template for mapping manual scripts to Automation scripts. ACCBAJPA 0 2,825 09-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ACCBAJPA
  Dialog box differs on different browsers version (IE7 and IE9) for same application visitjaga 1 2,599 12-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  QTP 9.2 on Vista with IE7 doesn't recognize web objects velan 2 3,857 02-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Last Post: DinakarVadapalli
  QC 9.5 does not open in IE7 pjavvaru 1 2,677 12-14-2010, 01:15 AM
Last Post: jsknight1969