Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for Web site design automated testing
Not Solved
Howdy

I wanted to hear your ideas with automating web site design testing. At my company we have a publishing platform that end users can use to modify the live website. This platform uses certain template files that layout the design of the web pages in the web site. The main issue I have is that there is no point in using bitmap checkpoints since the website content can change from one day to another. What I'm looking for is a way to automate a use case such as: Verify that the layout of the web page follows the designed layout.

Any ideas?
Not Solved
It sounds like wiki...

I don't really understand the aim of your application testing with QTP. Do you aim to run this layout test everyday? Please let us know in detail and if possible let us know the site also.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
hi

for instance take a look at this website

http://h10088.www1.hp.com/cda/gap/displa...ical=ga-gw

Here you can see that the website can change the language, so the texts and labels will change, also the embeded text in the pictures. Also the images and link text can change. Please check the attachment for the example of the required checks.

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web Testing and Unexpected Server Errors zunebuggy 0 1,166 01-24-2018, 11:41 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
Smile Very Complex Web Testing zunebuggy 1 1,381 11-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Hyperlink click is not automated in UFT 11.5 test run prinju 1 2,619 11-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Testing Web Services sohalshah 10 8,224 04-17-2014, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Tp123
  QTP Automation testing steps for .net web applications? Ramadas 0 2,181 10-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Ramadas