Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identifying an object of same name on different screens
Not Solved
Hi,

I am working on Terminal Emulator and my problem is that I am not able to identfy an object that has the name same as the 1st one that appears on the 1st screen on subsequesnt screen.
Here's the scenario.
I have an object that appears on 3 screens and I want to either use the one on the 2nd or 3 rd screeen, and not the 1st obne on the 1st screen.
What QTP does is that on the 1st screen, where that object appears only once, it does not matter which index I use for that object, it identifies it. On the 2nd and 3rs screens, the object appears twice on each screen, and in that case, the indexes 0 and 1 do assist in identofying the cirrect objects.
So if I use If .TeField("objectname").Exist, it always identifies the one on the 1st screen. Please assist. What must I do to ignore the 1st object on the screen in cases where I do not want to use that object on the 1st screen? :-( I am really frustrated :-( Your assistance will be very much appreciated.
Not Solved
You need to first identify the parents(screens) as unique,
Check in object repository if you have different hierarchy for each of those objects.If no, add some mandatory property like 'title' for browser.
I guess you have only one object in repository

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP 11 - Chrome 24. Dialog box is identifying as Win object. Kannan R 0 2,962 08-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Kannan R
  qtp not identifying webedit object apeksha_sonu 1 3,085 02-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  Getting values from SAP GUI "display" screens Ronn M 0 3,445 06-05-2009, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Ronn M
  Working with Splash Screens Rajashekar Gouda 2 2,411 01-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Rajashekar Gouda
  Identifying object in QTP Ayushi 0 1,669 06-25-2008, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Ayushi