Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input xl file problem
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi all

I am using xl sheet for give input parameters. first time i gave two rows(test run twice)
then l delete last row , save and run againg , so normally test should run only one time, but test try to run twice and stuck at the middle (because no inputs)
what is the reason for that ?

Thanks
You must have cleared the row instead of deleting. try deleting the entire row, it will work as expected.
if you just clear the row then QTP treats it as a used row in the datatable, and go for the iteration.

Thanks Saket it works

Now , My xl sheet have 2 rows but QTP runs only one iteration. (xl sheet is generated by another program) what can be the issue ?
The rows you are referring here is in the Global sheet or local sheet?
Check what you have set for the data table iterations at settings > Run,
make it run on all rows.

Hi Saket
i checked the setting > Run , it already set to all rows. My xl sheet is genarated by a java program so it named the sheet as 'Sheet0' , because of that no Global sheet or local sheet there. Can it be a issue? (but it works for one iteration)
In that case you will have to get the row count of your sheet and will have to put into a loop.
Yes, If you dont have a global datasheet then QTP will not able to apply datatable iteration, as this is done using rows in global data sheet.

Hi Saket , I renamed the sheet to 'Global' from my program, now it works
Thanks a lot.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to input Japanese Character through UFT Alaguraja 0 774 07-01-2020, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Alaguraja
  How to get input from the user in QTP? shanthiK 10 18,043 08-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  Problem in Input from keyboard:sendkeys Rachna 1 4,765 10-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Last Post: anil2u
  How to Pass Output value as input from one IE windoe to another IE window newqtp 0 2,292 01-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Last Post: newqtp
  HTML input element names flexdev 1 2,865 05-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Last Post: falvi