Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insert Checkpoint
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
I am using Qtp 9.2 and I am referring Mercury QuickTest Professional tutorial.

I am not able to insert a text checkpoint on Dropdown list items (eg. Departing From drop down window from Mercury tour site), while doing i am getting error " Cannot create text check point. Cannot retrieve text for this object".

Can anybody help?
Hi,

I think Text Check Point will work fine for Dropdown list .the error might be occuring either you have no data in your Dropdown list or you can close the QTP and once again Start the QTP and try if it is able to insert the Text CheckPoint.

Thanks
Hello Dams123,

Here what i found , version of the QTP is not the issue. In Mercury tour site, Departing From drop down is a weblist object. and if you spy that object then in Identification properties you can see that there is no text property at all.
So when you try for TextCheckpoint it comes up with error message: ans it also says that can't retrieve text property fron the object

If you try with Standard Checkpoint, it will be inserted fine and will also work fine.

Thanks,
Nianjan
Go for standard check point and if u want to try the txt check ponit use any web application and do hands on that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to insert data into datatable Prashanth 1 3,460 05-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Saket
  insert call to new action bistritapcv 1 2,456 04-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  how to insert error msg in a datatable using Dp? zakshah.12 0 1,877 03-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Last Post: zakshah.12
  Not able to insert XML Checkpoint using qtp 11 soumen 0 1,755 06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Last Post: soumen
  Insert image in wordpad file using QTP TurtleRock 0 3,174 11-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Last Post: TurtleRock