Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Explorer has stopped working
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi Friends,
My client is using Windows7, QTP10.0, IE8. In my application 'View receipt' link is available, While executing the scripts When QTP click on 'View receipt' link 'Receipt' Browser will be opened. Afther that we are getting IE error(for some of the scenarios). Please find the attached screenshot.

In local machine we are using WindowsXP, QTP10.0, IE8. While execution of the scripts we are not getting any problem.

Could you please give solutions if any one of you know the answer.

Attached Files Image(s)

I think there is nothing to do with QTP. this could be an IE settings issue.
few things you can try - try resetting your internet settings. or better disable the protect mode at Internet Options > Security tab - enable protected mode.
let me know how it goes.

Hi Saket,
Already 2 days back I did same settings, During execution, For some the scenarios only I got the IE error, For some of the scenarios we did not get the error.
Could you please Let me know whether its Windows7 Problem or What? I could not understand this strange behaviour. Its wroking in XP but its not working in Windows7 for some of the scenarios(Not for all scenarios). Please let me know whether if its Windows7 problem, Then I will escalate the issue to My client(I will tell them its Windows7 problem).
could be, would you mind explaining the two scenarios for which it works and it does not work?

Hi,
We have below mentioned functionalities are available in the application.
For some scenarios: In my application we have to donate amount to Organizationthen Create account in the applicaiton Navigate to 'View receipt' screen.
For Remaining scenarios:Login to the application , Donate amount to Organization and Navigate to 'View Receipt' screen.

While execution of above mentioned scenarios, we are getting IE problem for some times and some times we are not getting the problem.
do you get the error for both the scenarios. not very sure, but my last option could be try re-installing the IE. have you raised the case to HP? if not I suggest to do so and let us know if you get any solution.

Hi Saket,
Thank you for your Advice.
Now we are not getting this problem in my client machine. Problem solved automatically, we have not done any settings in IE in my client machine.
Hello saket how did you solved the problem? Was it really in client machine?
Hello everybody...

I am not sure if this is the same case, but I have had similar problem... My IE8 kept freezing and IE was generating errors "Internet Explorer has stopped working ...".

I have noticed that this happens only when QTP is up and running while IE were working correctly when QTP was not started. I said to myself that it could have something to do with add-ins. So I started QTP without any active add-in and IE was working well!!!

Then I logically proceeded with individual add-ins one by one and IE started to have "Internet Explorer has stopped working ..." problems once I added WPF add in.

Turning off WPF actually solved my problem... so I am writing this only that it might help to you or somebody who faced the same thing as I did...
Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "UFT has stopped working" is displayed during running the script kotaramamohana 0 1,205 08-24-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: kotaramamohana
  Getting URL from Internet Explorer BVVPrasad 1 4,590 07-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Last Post: rajpes
  How to RunAs different users with Internet Explorer Debby Browne 1 14,593 03-30-2011, 09:05 AM
Last Post: JyotiRanjan
  Problem with invoking url in internet explorer vijay44 1 2,927 01-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Saket
  Automate Rice Internet Tier sgorantiwar 0 1,683 01-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Last Post: sgorantiwar