Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is QTP 9.1 completely obsolete?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago Rolleyes 
Hi,
I am a newbie here and new to QTP as well. I have few queries if someone could answer:

1) Is QTP 9.1 compatible with Windows 7.

2) I know QTP 10 is the latest version, but just to get the feel and basics of the QTP, is QTP 9.1 fine or has it changed drastically since then and is completely obsolete.
Once I get basics right on QTP9.1, I will be downloading trail version for QTP 10, since it will be just for 14 days, I want to get basic knowledge before hand and don't want to waste those 14 days in learning basics.

Hoping to hear soon.. :)

Regards,
dodo
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi dodo,
for answer to your questions
1. No,QTP 9.1 is not compatible with windows7. you will have to use QTP 10. refer this post for more info on this https://www.learnqtp.com/qtp10-supports-...r-2008-r2/

2. I personnaly dont think QTP 9.1 is completely obselete, atleast I didn't heard from HP, not sure about its support too. may be some one here can help on that. but its a good idea to have basics on this version, but know that its been lots of changes from 9.1 to 10. why dont you upgrade your QTP 10?

Hi Saket,

Thanks for reply.

Btw what about QTP 9.2 is that compatible with windows 7. I read link given by you, could not find this info there. Sad

Regards,
Dodo
there is patch released by HP to work with Windows 7 (details in the post mentioned), which would work with QTP 10 only.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation How to verify whether pdf is completely loaded or not in webpage nmakkena 1 2,501 08-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Completely Novice aprajita 1 1,957 02-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Saket