Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is QTP supposed to record view of web page?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hello,

I am new to using QTP (version 9.2). I have been reading through materials provided by my employer and the help section within QTP. I am a new systems analyst and have been asked how to create some simple automated test cases for a web application using QTP. We will record in IE 6.

I have the ActiveX, Visual Basic, Web and Web Services plug-ins loaded. When I record my test case I have it open the browser. Once on that page I click on a hyperlink and then end my recording. QTP does not record that view of the second page. Is that how it is supposed to work?

Thank you,
jhs01
It should display the second page should be displayed... the question is did you record the Closing of the browser?
if you view the expert view as your recording then you can see what page was recordered.

you may want to put an wait or exist command in so you know if the second page has been loaded.

If you did record the closing of the browser and did not have a wait or exist command it could be possible that the script is closing milliseconds after you hit the link.
Hi jhs01,,
May i ask you when did you ended your recording?
After opening the second page or after clicking the hyperlink ?

But in QTP you can view each recording step screenshot.
Hello,

Thank you for the responses to my question. I appreciate the help of this forum.

I ended the recording after the second page loaded. This is what shows up in Expert View.
Code:
Browser("Fidelity Investments").Page("Fidelity Investments").WinObject("MacromediaFlashPlayerActiveX").Click 55,255
I selected Record from the toolbar. I chose "Open the following address..." as www.fidelity.com
I left "Do not run and record on open browsers" and "Close the browser when the test closes" check boxes selected. When the browser opens and page completes loading, I select the More Markets link on the right of the page. That page loads. I stopped the recording. When I view the Active Screens, I do not see the second page, More Markets, as I expected.

Thank you,
jhs01
It's behaving as it should.
Try recording some steps(objects) on "More Markets", then let us know what you see. I believe you will get the answer.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 14.53 not able to record steps of web application rupesh doshi 3 2,550 10-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: rupesh doshi
  click each web link in a page using Index or other method in QTP smeijer 13 23,671 04-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: kowshik
  SwfTree View Validation in UFT YogeshCallappa 0 1,943 10-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Last Post: YogeshCallappa
  VB Script to count number of links in a web page. Suma Parimal 4 24,753 07-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: govind
  QTP 11.0 does not record web application shipu 6 6,926 08-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Last Post: riverdiego