Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any similar function like list_activate_item (WR function) in QTP
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hello,

We have been using winrunner since 6 years now and recently we have started all the new scripting activities in QTP.

I wanted to write a script for an excel file which has macros, in QTP.
There are several list boxes/combo boxes in it and when i record using QTP, it does not take the cell location but it considers as
WinObject: APCProcessMonitor in the object repository.

I wrote the following step in my script:
Code:
Window("APCProcessMonitor_DI5_SRV.xls").WinListView("SysListView32").Select "No", 0

so that it will choose an option between 'Yes' or 'No' in the list box. As i run the script it fails near the above mentioned step and gives out an error message saying 'The "SysListView32" object was not found in the Object Repository. Check the Object Repository to confirm that the object exists or to find the correct name for the object.'

I am attaching the screen shots of the problem along with the script i wrote to select the List Box or the Combo Box.

My question here is: Is there any similar function like list_activate_item (which is a WR function) in QTP? If yes, how can i use it in my script? Please give me a possible solution to my problem ASAP, as I am stuck up at this place.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Ranjita

Attached Files
.doc   QTP PROBLEM.doc (Size: 166.5 KB / Downloads: 85)
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
There is Activate method available.
For further info, please check QTP Help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error while working with Function in QTP script mansis 5 5,167 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Last Post: hiregoudar
  need help --- for clicking on function its showing error message umaenc 4 3,513 07-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Last Post: umaenc
  How to use micGreaterThen function in QTP prashantkit 1 4,682 11-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Last Post: rajeshwar