Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this possitle that two object has a same property ?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi....
Is this that two object can have a same property like logical name , physcial name and imprtant same location ? If yes then how the QtP will identify the these two objetct if they have a same properts as i mentioned above. Which method or technique will be used. ?

Thanks
QTP Can identify such king of objects from this hirarchy:
1: Mandatory Properties
2: Assistive Properties
3: Ordinal Identifier

We can setup Mandatory & Assistive properties from available properties of an object. QTP tries to identify any object on basis of Ordinal Identifier, if all properties listed in Mandatory & Assistive properties has same values.
eg. For Browser identification, Ordinal Identifier used as "CreationProperty", or in case of WebTables ordinal identifier "index" is used & so on.
HI njnirmal,

yes, i agree with you that there will be certain cases where "two object can have a same property like physcial name and imprtant same location" but sorry to same that the Logical name is not AppDependent we can chage the Logical Name of the object in OR. Any how, handle such situation as specified by manabh in his post we can use Ordinal Identifier. ("Creation Time - Browser, Index- WebTables)
Even we can use Smart identification mechanism to handle such objects. Generally we will go with DP (Descriptive Programing) in these situations.

Let me know if you need any more info.
Thanks,
SUpputuri