Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue in QTP WPF
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

I'm automating WPF application using QTP9.5. I'm not able to identify the object inside the WPFWindow. I've installed WPF and .net addins in QTP9.5. When I am trying to record or spy only WPF window is getting captured in the OR.
PFB screenshots of application and Object spy.

Regards,
Vimal

Attached Files Image(s)

did you installed correct .Net framework?
Hi ,

Fyi, QuickTest Professional .NET Add-in supports .NET Framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5.

When you spy on a WPF object using the Object Spy (or the .NET Windows Forms Spy when the .NET Add-in is loaded), and the Record and Run settings are not set up to record on the WPF application on which you are spying, QuickTest recognizes the object as a Standard Windows object.
Workaround: Close your WPF application. In QuickTest, open the Record and Run Settings dialog box (Automation > Record and Run Settings) and in the Windows Application tab, select the Record and run test on any Windows application option. Reopen your WPF application and then spy on it again.

Try it out & do let us know the followup.
I have the same issue with QTP 10.0 and .NET and WPF add-in installed. The workaround given doesn't work.
The issue was resolved when I load all the following Add-ins (not just WPF):
.NET
Web
Web services
WPF
Java
(08-10-2011, 11:10 PM)anuroopa Wrote: The issue was resolved when I load all the following Add-ins (not just WPF):
.NET
Web
Web services
WPF
Java

this helped me also, when we load all add-ins it works

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  no action on click for particular wpf button jlavrecka 1 1,250 05-21-2020, 11:33 PM
Last Post: jlavrecka
  UFT 14.01 - identifying wpf objects. but not performing action. chinmoyee 1 2,348 11-15-2017, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  [UFT] [WPF] Verify if the cell contains an image robertosalemi 0 1,778 10-25-2016, 06:57 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  [UFT] [WPF] DataGrid: get items of ControlTemplate robertosalemi 0 3,287 07-14-2016, 07:52 PM
  [UFT][WPF] WpfObejct: get visibility of scrollbars robertosalemi 0 1,935 06-03-2016, 06:24 PM