Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with identifying Javatable column
Not Solved
Hello

I am working on a Java Portal application. Most of the validations on the portal are done on the Javatable object present on the portal.

I used simple validations by retrieving the cell data For example :
Code:
JavaWindow(”My Navigator - Teamcenter”).JavaTable(”Properties of selected”).GetCellData(3,”Object”) = "xyz"

The column names of table visible on the GUI are simple “Object”,”Relation”, etc

It was executing perfectly fine , but suddenly the names of the columns are not being identified correctly. When I place a checkpoint on the table, the names of the columns are recognised as some Java swing code as follows:
Code:
[javax.swing.JButton[,-89,-21,0x0,invalid,layout=javax.swing.OverlayLayout,alignmentX=0.0,=*************,text=Trade Restricted,defaultCapable=true]]

This is causing a major problem because, I cannot use the column indexes for validations as the column position is dynamic for each user and site in the application.

I am using QTP Version 9.2, Java add-in 9.1 .

After facing the problem i have reinstalled, the softwares couple of times and also tried on totally new machines . But the same problem.

Can you please help me with any suggestions or solution?

Thanks a Lot for ur time

Regards
Archana
.zip   TableCheckpoint -before the problem.zip (Size: 98.33 KB / Downloads: 82)
.zip   Javatable_Column names_After the Problem.zip (Size: 99.53 KB / Downloads: 87)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How to retrieve an XML data from a column in DB Ramya Devadoss 0 2,106 05-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Ramya Devadoss