Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with QTP 10 eval version
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi All,

I am trying to learn QTP from home.
Machine is a laptop running XP SP3 and otherwise meets the system requirements. I do not have programs like visual studio on my system.

I am getting a number of errors with QTP 10 that I am not finding answers to.

Install went fine and QTP opens, however when I try to record tests or go into a number of options in QTP, I get a JIT debugger error (no debugger installed) which will terminate QTP if acknowledged by clicking OK. If I do not acknowledge the error and move the dialog boxes to the side, I can record/playback tests (have recorded tests in the flight program and calc.exe) but I can't save the tests (no write permissions) and can't evaluate the scripts (except through expert view) once recorded.

I also get an occasional C++ runtime error that will terminate the program. (exact details escape me at the moment)

The JIT debugger error prompted me to defrag my hard drive and run disk cleanup (recommended on a .NET forum) and update to .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. The C++ error prompted me to update to Visual C++ 2008 redistributable. None of these have helped the issues I am seeing and before I try to install on a similarly configured PC, I would like to know if anyone has seen and resolved similar issues and how they accomplished it. I am at a bit of a standstill and the hundreds of pages of documentation is not helping. (Granted I have not read these deeply, but skimmed them trying to find help) From what I've seen of the documentation is it not particularly helpful for the eval version.
I am so far very disappointed that I can make no real forward progress with QTP 10.
Recap on my issues
JIT debugger error (QTP terminates)
Visual C++ Error (QTP terminates)
Can't save recorded tests. (QTP dialog box, No write permissions)

Thank you for your help.
Kelli
I havent encountered your problem. I have installed on XP SP3 before.
This might sound dumb but have you tried uninstalling and installing QTP.
While installing did you let the installation install micrpspft debugger?
thr is a typo in my previous post.
microsoft instead of micrpspft
Hi Niranjan,

You question is not dumb at all.
I attempted to uninstall and reinstall several times, loading different options.

I have made forward progress on this. I installed QTP on a separate PC and it is working fine. I am almost through the QTP tutorial and plan to run Ankur's tutorial after I run the QTP one a second time.

FYI - if anyone is new and hasn't run the QTP tutorial found in the Help tab. It is worth a go.

I noticed on the PC install that there is an option to install script debugger that I cannot for the life of me remember seeing when I installed it on my laptop. (Not sure if I inadvertently deselected it or it was an install bug. I simply don't remember seeing it) I think that is why it jumped out at me on my PC. So if anyone reads this before installing and you see an option to install script debugger, BE SURE IT IS SELECTED TO INSTALL.
You won't get another shot, even if you uninstall.

Also, when you uninstall and reinstall any changes you made to the user interface from the default are saved. This is also true of the license countdown. and there are a ton of entries left in the registery for QTP, so I am guessing that is where things got messed up for me.

Hope this helps others.

I am much happier with QTP now, than a couple of days ago. So far it seems very intuitive.

Success to all in your QTP endeavors. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cannot create java virtual machine on QTP 12.02 version richa5685 0 1,851 02-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Last Post: richa5685
  Performance Issues Using '.Exist' AndyBSG 2 3,143 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: AndyBSG
  Webfile.set is not working in QTP 11 for chrome browser version 24 pradeep singh 1 4,895 11-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Last Post: mansoor.s.shaikh
  QTP QC Software version 11.53 kmuvva 1 3,226 06-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to Download QTP trail Version siripurapusrinu@gmail.com 1 4,027 02-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Last Post: supputuri