Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JRE Conflicts with QTP 9.5
Not Solved
Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the below topic.

I am testing a web mapping application that uses the Jboss Portal 270GA and the NASA Worldwind mapping application. The server side JDK is 1.6 update 10. This web app uses a local install of the JRE - in the current case we are using 1.6 update 14.

My installation of QTP is 9.5, local, with Java and WebService addins. I notice there are numerous additions for Env vars when the QTP app is installed - such as System _JAVA_OPTIONS, for example, which contains a value such as this pointer:
-Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MERCUR~1\FUNCTI~1\Java\classes;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MERCUR~1\FUNCTI~1\Java\classes\jasmine.jar. I'm not sure if that's relative or not, but I did notice it.

The problem is this: the map app does not load and run the Worldwind map viewer, which uses JRE 1.6u14, when QTP is running on the box also.
Repro's:
- Start QTP and create new test
- the web app (IE7x) opens properly, BUT the map app (which uses JRE u14 and Worldwind) does not load
- if QTP is NOT started, the map app loads just fine, with the java console showing no errors, etc
- if the Web app is opened properly first, then QTP started, QTP shuts down the web app, BUT I am then able to record a test - so the web app then fires up and the map app displays - including the J Console.

Additional Anomaly:
- previous to installation of QTP (and with no changes at all to the web App installation or middle tier components) the map app loaded properly always, and selection of Logout resulted in a successful logout and then a display of the login page as desired.
- After installation, selection of Logout logs user out and SHUTS down the browser.

Anybody seen anything like this in their work?
Thanks!
Not Solved
Hello All,

Is there any fix for this problem? I have similar problem with QTP11 does not recognized Oracle Forms app object as Oracle Forms. I am using JRE 1.6.0.25 and 26. QTP 10.0 does not work for me anymore but QTP 11.0 with 2 patches has some success. There are three problem, first if you have oracle DevSuite10 folder exist under Oracle install directory and you are not using it just rename it. If you don't have any ORACLE DEV suite folder then you don't need to worry about it.
Second System Environment Variable, define _JAVA_OPTIONS variable IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS as follow:

-Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:\PROGRA~1\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin\java_shared\classes;C:\PROGRA~1\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin\java_shared\classes\jasmine.jar"

Make sure you put this as it display here with double Quotes before C and at the end of string.

Third do following if for Java:

a) Go to the “Java control panel”, then select “Java” tab and click <View> button.
b) Add the parameters, -Xms64m -Xmx256m, to the “Runtime Parameters” column.
c) Click <Apply> to save the changes.

Your QTP 11 start working, will record but not as ORACLE OBJECTS but as JAVA.
I will update this post if they able to fix their own software on time.

In addtional finding about Oracle Forms and JRE console issue with QTP 10, QTP 11:

If you don't need Java object in your script and only want to record Oracle then do following in addition to my previous post:

@ following location in registry keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\JavaAgent" Change "LoadDependsOnPackage" from 0 to 1 and "SupportEnabled" from 0 to 1

@ following location in regisry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\JavaAgent\Java Add-in for QuickTest" change "Enabled" key from 1 to 0

@ following location in regisry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\JavaAgent\Oracle Add-in for QuickTest" change "Enabled" key from 0 to 1

Now restart the pc and you can record & work with you existing oracle objects. To run your script you need to make surte a Java Console is OPEN before playing or running your script with QTP.

I will update if I found a fix for that.....

Thanks,
AR
Not Solved
Sorry Guys last fix does not survive a single pc boot. But fix below works 100%
All Problem bellow are Resolved:
QTP 9.5, 10, 11 version does not recognized Oracle Objects due to Java JRE confilict.

QTP does not record or Java JRE message "Several Virtual Machines running.

Oracle Object recognized or record as Java Applet objects.

Orcale Dev Suite does not work on PC with QTP installed.

Serena Version Manager web page does not open conflict with Java Jre and QTP

Any Conflict with QTP "_JAVA_OPTIONS" and "_IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS" environment variables.

"HP don't know what they doing and there tech support sucks"

How To FIX this crapy variable:
1 - Install all QTP Patches again.
2 - Access PC System Properties(Right Click on My Computer select Properties)>Advanced>Environment Variables

Now Fix:
Update User & System Environment Variables that are define as _JAVA_OPTIONS, and IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS. You need to update both variable's path value and put QuickTest Professional word in between double quotes.see example below

-Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~1\HP\"QuickTest Professional"\bin\java_shared\classes;C:\PROGRA~1\HP\"QuickTest Professional"\bin\java_shared\classes\jasmine.jar

Save and close both System properties screens.

Restart your QTP and it should work fine.

Now problem I have is at the time of execution of recorded script. You need to open an IE browser before starting QTP, Once a browser open minimize it and then open QTP, Your script will run without any problem.

Good Luck
Ali Raza

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 12 unable to recognize the objects of a java based application (jre - 1.7.0_65) Sushant Dasgupta 2 8,945 09-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sushant Dasgupta
  does QTP11 supports Flex application running on Jre 1.7 srinu 0 1,918 03-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: srinu
  Jre 6.0.11 objects not identified by java add-in 9.1 avsandhya 0 2,119 04-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Last Post: avsandhya
  Issue with Oracle Application 10g testing(runs on JRE 1.5) thru QTP 9.5 Sarada 0 2,772 07-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Sarada