Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Janus GridEx Controls
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi All,

Can some one suggest me to solve the issue with Janus GridEx Controls.

We are using QTP 9.5 to automate .Net application developed with Janus GridEx Controls. In this application all objects are identified as swfobject instead of it's respective object names.

The swftypename for some objects as: Janus.Windows.GridEX.GridEX
and for some objects
Code:
Janus.Windows.ExplorerBar.ExplorerBar

Ex:
Code:
Browser("STARLIMS v10 (Master)").Page("STARLIMS v10 (Master)").SwfObject("STARLIMS v10 (Master)").SwfObject("linkBar1").Click 51,290

I have attached application snapshot for your reference.

Special Request to Ankur: Ankur can you please look into this issue.

Thanks,
Bala.

Attached Files Image(s)

Are you sure QTP officially supports these controls?

Also request you not to duplicate threads.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
These controls are part of .Net application, which QTP is not supporting. Is there any supporting patches which we can get.

Unfortunately the thread was submitted two times - sorry for that.
Yes, I know these are part of .NET applications. FYI... QTP doesn't support all .NET controls. Generally you can find such info in the 'ReadMe' that comes pre-installed with your QTP version.

For the unsupported controls you might like to go for .NET extensibility.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Yes Ankur you are right.... I did research on all available possibilities. I couldn't find any solution to get either patch from hp or any other support from the appliation vendor. In case, if you could come across any such kind of problem....that will help me to find the solution for this scenario.

How to implement .NET extensibility. Can you please give me some example or any workaround to use this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 11.53 not identifying VB objects wrapped in activeX controls jainrash 0 2,466 07-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Last Post: jainrash
  QTP WPF Controls rnbhushan 0 4,506 09-18-2012, 12:05 AM
Last Post: rnbhushan
  Suggestion requried for automating SliverLight controls using QTP 9.5 SaranKumarV 2 3,184 10-05-2011, 03:17 AM
Last Post: kkk
Exclamation QTP not recognising controls in IE7 in windows vista. santukarnati 0 1,941 05-31-2011, 07:37 AM
Last Post: santukarnati
  QTP not able to recognise Dev Express Controls in .Net Application mahesh 2 5,777 04-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Last Post: mahesh