Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KNOCKOUT library???
Not Solved Toungue 
I am having a bit of trouble populating a pop-up that comes up during my testing of a website.

I select a link and it gives me this pop-up which contains text fields to fill out (and one radio button group). I can use SET or TYPE to put text in the field, but when I click submit I get the errors from the site saying I must complete the required fields. This would be correct behavior if I did not complete the form. If I go in manually and complete this it works fine.

I asked my Dev guy what was different about this pop-up from others. The only thing he knew that was different was he used the knockout library with this to communicate between the HTML in the pop-up and the actual form behind the scenes. His thought was that QTP wants to put the data directly into the form, but in this case, it is just HTML. So, knockout does not see anything to pass to the form.

Does that make any sense? I am not sure what QTP is doing to place the data in the pop-up and what trouble a different pop-up could make.

I really just want to enter this data so I can automate this test...

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Jamie
Not Solved
try to use a Tab key after u set or type the text.some time will help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using QTP features in Function library TurtleRock 0 1,654 01-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Last Post: TurtleRock
  QTP is not recognizing Function Library Path associated to the test AshokReddy 2 3,959 12-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Last Post: AshokReddy
  Accessing Environment variable value in Library file vishruth143 1 2,478 09-07-2013, 05:11 AM
Last Post: jacosta
  message box,need to put code in fn library diya 6 3,702 12-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Last Post: diya
  Microsoft VC++ Runtime Library error Poornima 0 1,923 11-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Poornima