Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learning Objects in your application
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hello, I am a newcomer to the QTP world and was going through the HP ATP Tutorial available under the Help section. Under the "Creating Object Repositories" topic, there is an exercise to learn the object from the Mercury Tours web site pages. When I do this, I am not getting the same answer as the one oulined in the tutorial. For example on the Login page, there are two test fields - "UserName" & "Password" and one image - Sign-in. When I do the same thing, it is recording only one test edit box (see the attached doc). I am not sure why there is a difference between what I get and what is on the tutorial. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Binu.

Attached Files
.doc   ObjectRepository.doc (Size: 107.5 KB / Downloads: 51)
what I understood from the attached snapshot is - you have not 'Web Addin' properly loaded.
also note that QTP must be open before launching the application
Follow the same steps mentioned in tutorial, you will definitely get the exact what you see there.

let us know, if you still face any issue.

Thank you very much for the reply. The problem was with how the IE window was opened. It was opening with the wrong process - explorer.exe instead of iexplorer.exe. Somehow on my machine, when opening IE, it opens with the process explorer.exe.

It works fine when opening the application on the IE window with the iexplorer.exe process.

Thanks,
Binu.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to recognize objects in SilverLight application through QTP Guest877 1 2,500 08-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Manisha
Shy Java Swing application objects identification issue kavithaminu 2 3,140 07-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Last Post: uftuser18
  Hello All -Nice forum to start learning QTP. Few questions QTP.learning 0 1,786 05-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Last Post: QTP.learning
  Good sites to test against - for learning steerpike100 0 2,077 10-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Last Post: steerpike100
  Steps to start learning QTP Shalini26 3 5,616 05-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Last Post: falvi