Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learning QTP
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hello All, Please am new to QTP and i would like to know how to train for it, what do i need to do to train myself on QTP, Do i need to go to a training school?, or can i train my self on it. All answers will be highly appreciated.

thanks
well, it depends on your skills and capabilties. If you have computer background and have some basic knowledge of vbscripting and programming then can quickly come into this, by yourself. If you are a self learner then get some basics on vbscripting and a bit of testing fundamental that helps while automating the application under test. QTP help is quite sufficient to proceed with, in addition to that there are lots of info here on qtp.
But if you need more guidance or someone to mentor you then you ought to go for a training institute.

@Sakat, thanks for that, I already done manul testing in the past for 2 years, but due to reccession, I have slowwed down on my skills, Do anyone know any testing school in london that i may need to attend to help me learn QTP or do you recommend a step by step books, links on the net on how i can learn QTP. Thanks so far for your help.
I know about a intresting book written by Tarun Lalwani called "QTP Unplugged". An excellent book for next level of beginners but the concepts are clear there which can help beginners too.

I recommend you try that book after you read its preface and you can write to tarun about any questions you have. He is available on www.knowledgeinbox.com.

I know that there are few people from london on this forum. If they can pitch in and help Rachel i would be more than grateful to you guys.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello All -Nice forum to start learning QTP. Few questions QTP.learning 0 1,790 05-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Last Post: QTP.learning
  Good sites to test against - for learning steerpike100 0 2,078 10-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Last Post: steerpike100
  Steps to start learning QTP Shalini26 3 5,619 05-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Last Post: falvi
  QTP is not learning web objects under a parent page. nigamprasad 0 3,266 08-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Last Post: nigamprasad
  Having a programming knowledge is must for learning QTP phj_08 0 1,842 03-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Last Post: phj_08