Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link checks - Multiple users
Not Solved
Hi ,
can any one give me an idea how to proceed with the script for this particulat test case.

i have certain links to be checked in a particular web page. but the links differ with different user login. how can i check if correct links are shown for correct user.

my scenario goes like this..
i login with administration rights and give User1 certain permissions so that he can access Link 1, Link 2 and Link 3. check all the links are working fine and log out.
Again i login with Administartion rights and for same user, i remove previous permisions and give new permissions , where he can access Link 2, Link4, Link5 and so on...
I have 20 permissions and 30-35 links to be checked.
how can i loop them so that it saves my time in writing lenghty script.

I planned to write an action for each permission and check if link exists for that particular permission. so i will have 20 actions and all called to a main action. with this script viewing results are quiet confusing and time taking when something fails. if this is a feasible method then i need a solution to view my resutls organized.

please provide me your ideas.

Not Solved
U can create an Action with parameter values to define the roles for different catageroies
For example:
Parameter("Role")=XX(some value according to your application)
Run Action "AA",oneIteration,Role
under this action u specify the conditions
like if using user 1 then
following links should work
if using user 2
following user should work
etc.
and selection for the user will be based on the Action parameter "role"

Correct me if wrong.

Regards,
Sankalp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Relative path when you expect other users to open your test. vibhakhandelwal 0 1,942 11-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Last Post: vibhakhandelwal
  How to monitor the users logged in QTP tester.arslan 0 1,587 11-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Last Post: tester.arslan