Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Localization problem.
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Application under test has two different dialogs. The dialogs are derived from two different classes. So not any any way are similar in their outlook.
The problem starts u start to identify them in any other language OS(say japanese). As texts cannot be used. And rest of the properties are same even window id, has border etc...
And other properties which are different are not unique any way so that I can use them. Please help by answering a few questions
1>How can descriptive programming can help ?
2>Can we incorporate our own properties in QTP ?
3>Is there any around ?
Try to get the properties like Name, Innertext, outertext etc.. if that doens't work try using index property, it works for sure.
The problem is I can't use text as it is for localization. And checked with index, it does not identify the dialogs uniquely.
I had problem identifying my dialogs in localization. As no texts(no index etc) meaning that the dialogs can be called by something which is unique.
Like i changed the names of the dialogs using "SetToProperty" at the beginning of the script. thus there is no problem in identifying the dialogs. The names of the dialog will be in a Excel sheet. The button and etc are covered by index.
I think in future this might be of someone's help.
Hey, that is a good solution. Thanks for sharing. Smile
I did not understand can you please elaborate on this.