Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Login & logout in Siebel and clicking pop-up button
Not Solved Exclamation 
Hi everybody,

I have encounter two major problems when recording Siebel using QTP.
1) login and logout problem
I tried to login with account1>>do the tasks>>logout account 1
>>login account2 without closing the browser>>do another tasks>>logout account2

However, when I run the scripts, QTP cannot response after login with account 2. It can't do the tasks.

2) pop-up windows
When recording with QTP, there are pop-up dialog for me to click the "OK" button. The action can be recorded in the QTP but it can't carry the action when run it. I tried to use Recovery Scenario Management. However, it need to carry out the recovery when errors come. This will lengthen the time. Any other solutions towards this problem?
Not Solved
what do you mean by 'QTP cannot response', are you getting any error, exactly on which statement it stucks
can you paste some lines of code?

Always put one query per thread, Please open a new thread for second query.

Not Solved
Hi Saket,
the error message would be :
Siebel Automation Object is unavailiable for 120000 ms

"QTP cannot response" means that it can't do the tasks.
It just login and stop in the homepage.
However, there are scripts telling it what to do next.

Thanks
Jody
Actually I got this,,

Code:
Browser("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)_2").Page("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").WebEdit("_SweUserName").Set "account2"
Browser("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)_2").Page("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").WebEdit("_SwePassword").SetSecure "XXXXXXX"
Browser("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)_2").Page("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").WebEdit("_SwePassword").Submit
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebPageTabs("PageTabs").GotoScreen "Accounts Screen"
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebScreen("Account").SiebView("All Accounts").SiebApplet("Accounts").SiebButton("Query").Click

After running <Browser("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)_2").Page("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").WebEdit("_SwePassword").Submit>
it can't continue.

Thanks
Jody
Not Solved
The error you have mentioned is basically a timeout. increasing this timeout should solve the issue. see in qtp help for more info on how to configure the siebel test automation.

Not Solved
Sorry to tell you that it can't help solve the problem.

Thanks
Jody
I have got the whole scripts for you:

Code:
Browser("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").Page("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").WebEdit("_SweUserName").Set "wilson_li"
Browser("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").Page("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").WebEdit("_SwePassword").SetSecure "1231343645756hgnkm9omiukmety"
Browser("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").Page("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").WebEdit("_SwePassword").Submit
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebPageTabs("PageTabs").GotoScreen "Accounts Screen"
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebScreen("Account").SiebView("All Accounts").SiebApplet("Accounts").SiebButton("Query").Click
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebScreen("Account").SiebView("All Accounts").SiebApplet("Accounts").SiebList("List").SiebCheckbox("New").SetIndeterminate
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebScreen("Account").SiebView("All Accounts").SiebApplet("Accounts").SiebList("List").DoubleClick 0,"Account Number"
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebScreen("Account").SiebView("All Accounts").SiebApplet("Accounts").SiebList("List").SiebText(">Account No").SetText "1*"
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebScreen("Account").SiebView("All Accounts").SiebApplet("Accounts").SiebButton("Go").Click
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebMenu("Menu").Select "File\\File - Logout"
Browser("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)_2").Page("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").WebEdit("_SweUserName").Set "wilson_li"
Browser("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)_2").Page("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").WebEdit("_SwePassword").SetSecure "frvrvhtrgbvrbh123dn3k435gv56tbtry"
Browser("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)_2").Page("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").WebEdit("_SwePassword").Submit
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebScreen("Account").SiebView("All Accounts").SiebApplet("Accounts").SiebList("List").SiebCheckbox("New").SetIndeterminate
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebScreen("Account").SiebView("All Accounts").SiebApplet("Accounts").SiebList("List").DoubleClick 0,"Account Number"
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebScreen("Account").SiebView("All Accounts").SiebApplet("Accounts").SiebList("List").SiebText(">Account No").SetText "1*"
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebScreen("Account").SiebView("All Accounts").SiebApplet("Accounts").SiebButton("Go").Click
SiebApplication("Siebel Energy (CMS DR)").SiebMenu("Menu").Select "File\\File - Logout"

After logout of the broswer and login again,,
runtime error occurs:
"Siebel Automation Object is unavailiable for 120000 ms"
Not Solved
I think I know what's the exactly problem is.
When Siebel logout, the SWECmd=logout(the address)!!!
Even though it change back to SEECmd=login after login using the account2,,it will just stop in the homepage.
Thus, if I can change the SWECmd back to AutoOn rather than logout before login with account2, the problem can be solved.
However, can I do it by just typing some scripts in QTP?

Thanks
Jody
Not Solved
Hi Jody,

Did u find any solution for this issue. even i also got the same issue during logout and login from the application. Please share your thoughts
Not Solved
Not sure if this is solved, but here is a possible solution:

When you log into your Siebel app, you should be starting two Siebel Active X components: Desktop Integration and Test Automation.

The initial login URL may contain the commands to start the Test Automation component, which is found on the server. For example
Code:
"SWECmd=AutoOn&AutoToken=password."

After logging out, the login URL may be different so that the Test Automation component is no longer loaded.

Try this manually along with Task Manager and see what processes remain running after logout.

Good luck,
H

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winbutton slow in clicking kpat 0 1,674 05-23-2016, 12:09 PM
Last Post: kpat
  SAP GUI gets hanged while closing the Windows Pop Up kathirvelnagaraj 0 5,318 10-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Last Post: kathirvelnagaraj
Rolleyes QTP pop up window handling piyush8793 3 16,395 10-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Venkateswarluponna
  Clicking on sublink venkatesh9032 1 2,516 06-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Last Post: babu123
At Siebel and Oracle Apps Objects Praveenkumar86 0 1,851 05-16-2015, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Praveenkumar86