Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Help with webedit text
Not Solved
This is my issue:

I'm scripting against a web application. The screen has 2 checkboxes and a webedit box.

If the 2nd checkbox is selected, when the value is TYPED into the webedit box, a 2nd object (drop down list of employers) is displayed.

If I use the Set command, the box does not appear. If I use Set and then click in the webedit and hit tab, it does not appear.

The only way to get the 2nd box to appear is if I physically type the value into the webedit object.

Is there a way, within QTP, to emmulate typing rather than using the Set Command?
Not Solved
Was able to solve my own problem.

Did a Click method on the field and then low level recording and manually entered the field. Granted, if I ever need to populate the field using the datatable, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.
Not Solved
try using 'Sendkeys' method in the edit box. here is an example -
Code:
Browser("").Page("").WebEdit("").Click
set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.SendKeys("yourtext")
WshShell.SendKeys("{TAB}")
does this help?

Not Solved
I was looking at SendKeys as an option originally but didn't get it completely squared away. I was missing the set WshShell command *face palm*

Right now the low level recording is working fine with the Click method before; however, when they move forward and want something more dynamic from a datatable, I'll reference this.

Thanks!
Not Solved
can you please make me clear on this
Quote:when they move forward and want something more dynamic from a datatable

sorry if I am missing anything.

Not Solved
Yah that is ok, but when I am entering the text, it is being disappear, and webedit field is being blank, so how the text will be appear there and wait so that page will be refresh and tab function will perform, please reply as soon as possible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remove text in the webedit silpavinod 3 13,381 07-12-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: vijaychourasiya0109@gmail.com
  Need to Validate Text filed is blank after clicking on the Text box balak89 3 4,545 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  I am trying to extract text from a webelement but it is generating blank text scenari excellentpawan 2 4,290 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan
  set property not typing full text in "webedit" field auto_tester 7 8,827 08-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  How to compare a certain text inside a WebEdit box? chong67 2 2,893 08-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Ankesh