Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low Level Recording
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Can any one help me out what exactly is Low Level Recording mode and How to record the objects in Low Level Recording mode.
from QTP Help - When working in tests, if you are unable to record on an object in the normal recording mode, or if you want to record mouse clicks and keyboard input with the exact x- and y-coordinates, you can record on those objects using low-level or analog recording.
for more details refer QTP help. the explanation there is sufficient to proceed with.
if you find any issue, let us know.

For example I am using a SAP application and I do not have the Add-In for SAP. Now If I record my SAP application in Low Level Recording mode. Does QTP recognize the SAP objects ?
I have not worked with SAP applications, so will not be able to tell you how QTP behaves Sad
I would advise you that it will be better to install SAP Add-in then start working on it.
That way QTP will be able to identify the objects, this is why the add-ins are there.

I dont think Low level recording will solve your issue

I would like to know exactly the function of Low Level Recording. As per the definition and QTP Help, Low Level Recording is used to record the objects whether or not QTP identifies the object. If this is the case why do we need Add- In's ?
We can not perform all the required testing using low level recording, specially in the case when we need to modify or do some changes in the script, i feel that would be difficult. To support objects on different platform QTP requires add-in for the platform. You can use Low level recording when QTP is unable to record on an Object or the environement is supported. Moreover it is preferreable to use when exact mouse and keyboard operations are important in your test.

hope this is clear now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why it is recording only in low level mode. chandur 3 2,619 03-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
  Analog Recording & Normal Recording Shama Ahsan 1 3,617 05-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Shama Ahsan
  checkpoints after low level recording rusalka 2 2,568 10-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Last Post: KVK
  Moving mouse when running low level recorded test ppero16 0 2,276 11-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Last Post: ppero16
  QTP Advanced Level Training 123cindy 0 2,624 06-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Last Post: 123cindy