Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merge multiple scripts
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi Basanth

As told by you
We can use the "Copy of action". Create a new test, and call all of the tests as copy of action to merger multiple scripts.

form where we can create copy of action?
please do guide in steps...Sad
i recorded 11 scripts, i recorded these scripts separately. now i want to put them at one place. guide please Rolleyes
Sure. Aah i almost forgot.. My friend QTP told me once to contact his close friend Mr.F1 who would be glad to loan me any knowledge. I learnt from him and he was very articulate with his words. The best part is you dont have to wait for his answers. Here is what you need to do,

1. Open QTP help.
2. Search with the keyword copy of action.
3. Learn about how to use copy of action.

As simple as it is, it would save me to copy paste Smile.

Hope it helpsSmile
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
hahahaha Smile
wooooooooooooopppppppppppps Tongue this F1, good stuff indeed. yeap true "The best part is you dont have to wait for his answers" as i was waiting for your answer eagerly bcz i need to show up with merged scripts in an hour!!
let me read, yeah hope it would work.
thanks indeed Smile
No pun was intended. It wouldnt take 15 mins to learn copy of action Smile
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
hahaha i know :p but teachers can punish Smile yeap em trying this anyways...
Basanth
i could not merge the scripts Sad
i tried but failed...
Select Insert > Call to New action
i defined the action name and location
then Insert > Call to copy of action
it worked for first, i added second, it spoiled all the scripts Sad
dint work Sad
please do guide me

Shama,

Can you please cross check once if actions in all the tests (the 11 separate scripts as per you) are reusable or not?

Hi Prabhatn
well, can we only merge reusable actions??
What was the error which caused you to conclude that it screwed the whole script? Would you please elaborate.
BTW, it is not mandatory for an action to be reusable to call it as a copy of action. I have been through this discussion on a separate thread under the same category.
Basanth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Excel template for mapping manual scripts to Automation scripts. ACCBAJPA 0 2,835 09-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ACCBAJPA
  how to create checks to merge two scripts Shama Ahsan 1 2,178 04-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Jay
  How to merge the scripts? Shama Ahsan 3 3,491 04-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  Running QTP Scripts on multiple SAP Test Environments Newom85 4 7,659 08-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Last Post: lotos
  How to merge Local object repository to Shared Object Repository in QTP9 keerthana 1 4,314 06-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Last Post: basanth27