Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Actions dont want to get fixed
Not Solved
So to move to Source Safe I had to copy all my files to a new directory.

Is there a way to just tell QTP to change every action call to look in the new dir? Most were not relative calls.

Now When I go into Test1, it complains about dozens of missing actions.

Yes, I know, you are supposed to double click on them and change the path. I've spent many hours fighting with that.

Problem is, I already have in the Resources tree> +External Actions +TheAction which already has the correct path. Yet it is complaining that it cant find TheAction at the old path, instead of just using the new path, which is already in the Resources tree.

When I change the path of the wrong one to be the same as the one already in the tree (which is correct), then it puts in the tree: Resources> +External Actions> +TheAction[2]

If I let it 'fix' all the other action calls, then I get a dozen new items like +ActionX[2]

I have many tests all of which have many actions which call the other tests.

I think it works to delete the action call in a test and re-recreate them one-by-one but that would take forever.

Is there any way to just tell QTP we've moved directories?

Otherwise, is there any way to fix the action calls without rewriting my 1000s of lines of code?

Otherwise, is there any way to prevent it from creating TheAction and TheAction[2] and TheAction[3].....?

Thanks,
Mark

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP.ST.Ext namespace missing ankitbass 0 1,295 08-10-2017, 10:51 PM
Last Post: ankitbass
  Missing Resources, Information Pane, Debug Viewer, Run time Data Table not visible Aurodeepta 3 6,754 05-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Aurodeepta
  Launch report button missing in QC uma87 0 3,448 10-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Last Post: uma87
  Settings Resources tab missing ppsqtp 0 2,386 10-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Last Post: ppsqtp
  Call to COPY of Actions from QC8.2 (file system) to QTP 9.5 not copying the actions govqa 0 2,299 05-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Last Post: govqa