Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW FOR QTP INSTALLATION (Licensed Version)
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Dear All,

We have two user license for QTP and I had installed and applied the license successfuly to that two workstations. we have seat user license.

My query is if suppose the workstations that I had installed QTP is crashed due to OS or any OS is been reinstalled what is the result for the licnesed QTP.

If i format the OS and install a new OS in that workstation how do I retrive the QTP license that we had got.

Expeting a good relpy and I hope I am clear with my query.

Regards,
Rakesh
Hi Rakesh

As you have mentioned that you have two user license for QTP,so you must have a mail from HP team which contains information like 'License Type' and 'License Number'.
Just refer to that mail and while installing the QTP use the same License Code.

If you donot have that mail then Contact HP Customer Care.

The best practise is after installing QTP, go to Help Menu and you will find License Information there. Take a sanpshot of that Screen and keep it at safe place.

Hope I have answer your query properly.

~Regards
I do have a the licnese code and my question is when the hardware get chrased let say, HDD get damaged what is the step i need to do. If I install in another machine can i use the same key???

Regards,
Rakesh
I guess the Seat Licenses generated or registered with UserName and Machine Name. So in case if you want to change the machine then you need to contact with Vendor.

I will suggest youo to get in touch with HP Customer Care or the local vendor.
Seat licenses are tied to the machine. The exe which HP would have sent you and because of which you have sent the device ID to them back would have generated a unique license id specific to that machine. So, if the HDD crashed or whatever and you determine the machine useless, then you will need to contact HP to generate a new ID for the new machine.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cannot create java virtual machine on QTP 12.02 version richa5685 0 1,857 02-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Last Post: richa5685
  QTP installation sswapnilt 0 1,695 12-31-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: sswapnilt
  Webfile.set is not working in QTP 11 for chrome browser version 24 pradeep singh 1 4,910 11-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Last Post: mansoor.s.shaikh
  QTP QC Software version 11.53 kmuvva 1 3,254 06-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to Download QTP trail Version siripurapusrinu@gmail.com 1 4,039 02-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Last Post: supputuri