Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help in Testing flex app with QTP
Not Solved
Testing Flex with QTP

I need to test flex web site with QTP...i have installed QTP9.5 and Flex builder 3.

And i have also included automation.swc,automation_agent.swc and qtp.swc while compiling swf file.

QTP plug in is also installed. TEApluginIE.dll and TEApluginQTP.dll are also there in the registry. nothing seems missing....But still QTP is not detecting the flex objects..need some help...in case i'm missing something.

One more funny part is that QTP is detecting the sample flex store application and recording and playing it back very well...i think there must be something wrong with the way i am compiling the flex application...please help...ankur need ur expertise on this one....

Thanks in advance
Testing Flex with QTP
I had posted dis query earlier also but got no replies....so again m posting wid some updates....please help...

I need to test flex web site with QTP...i have installed QTP9.5 and Flex builder 3.

And i have also included automation.swc,automation_agent.swc and qtp.swc,automation_dmv.swc while compiling swf file.

QTP plug in is also installed. TEApluginIE.dll and TEApluginQTP.dll are also there in the registry. nothing seems missing....But still QTP is not detecting the flex objects..need some help...in case i'm missing something. I even tried with "showInAutomationHierarchy=true" still m not able to capture the app in QTP.

And for the runtimeloading libraries...when m running the batch file the swf file is not getting created...so m not able to test using run time libraries...seems m stuck...

QTP is detecting the sample flex store application and recording and playing it back very well...i think there must be something wrong with the way i am compiling the flex application...please help...ankur need ur expertise on this one....

Thanks in advance
Not Solved
Have you checked this post
[https://www.learnqtp.com/does-quicktest-...lications/]
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
hi All,
wher can i dowload trial version of QTP from?
Not Solved
Hi Ankur and All,

I have qtp 9.2 so what type of flex builder version i can add .

And how to add the flex bui;lder addin to qtp 9.2
Not Solved
Hi Ankur ,

I have installed the flex builder option in qtp .And also the Flex builder development tool .
I have installed QTP 9.2 with the Flex builder 3.0.0
I am able to record the applications and and genrate the script and alsop able to generate the projects in the flex builder too

Thansk for the link specified below
My question as i see the new option i am trying out for that but need to know whatas the main reason for the addin of the flex to qtp
perfect process
Not Solved
After install Flex 3, use must install QTP add in in add-in folder. After that, open QTP and choose Flex add in. Note that Flex app must be build with Flex 3 to be tested with QTP, too.
Not Solved
am automating the powerbuilder application but the menulist is not getting recongined and when tried to identify by using the object spy it shows "Window Objects dont support the run time objects"

need the help on the script

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to handle KeyUp Event used in my App Hpqtp 3 3,705 07-03-2014, 05:25 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  QTP not clicking on the flex button sudheerch 2 3,429 12-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Last Post: sudheerch
  Script required to run any app as administrator kalyan_srirangam 0 2,521 09-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Last Post: kalyan_srirangam
  Problem with QTP recognition of Flex objects in web-based GUI using Firefox & Chrome nancyanne18 0 2,419 10-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Last Post: nancyanne18
  QTP Plug-In for Flex y.zucker 1 2,551 09-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Arun Prakash