Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to updates TCs in QC through QTP
Not Solved
Hi,

I am using QTP 9.0. I need to update the test cases in QC stored in Test lab (Test Set) with help of QTP. There are numerous scripts which only show the pass fail status of the corresponding test cases. How can they change the status in QC as well?
Not Solved
I'm not sure what you are asking. If you want to change the status in the Test Lab, just change the status in the status column. If you want to change the status via QTP, just run the script in QTP and it will update that status in QC automatically.
Not Solved
Thanks for the response. The issue is that the scripts that I have written have more than one TCs associated with them. So they cant be associated with a single test case. I want to aatach a finction in QTP which takes a input the name of the test case via datafile and update its status of the test case in QC and we can add as many functions in a script as we want. Hope it helps.
Not Solved
Sorry, Can't help with that.
Not Solved
The easiest solution wud be run through network drive and place only driver in Qc whether you are using lib based design or action based of instants.

For changes to test in Qc it quite tiring to keep on change in QC and easier to do in local drive and just reference them throu QC