Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to QTP getting this error message when trying to record webpage
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Guyz & Gals...

I am new to QTP. I am trying to learn QTP using the help material. First I tried to logon to the Flight simulation website. But I guess the website is down.

So I tried to record the google web page, but whenever i am trying to record it is giving me an error message saying "the browser application cannot be launched. Possibly the URL is wrong"

Please advise...help is appreciated...
Go to Run time settings, Go to the tab named "WEB". Here there should be a field where in you put the URL. Check if the URL is correct, If it still doesnt work, trying using alternate sites..............Tell me what happens.
I am also getting the same error. I tried with mercury tours, yahoo, google...etc. All are getting the same problem.
I tried it again. But still giving me the same error message. I feel the problem is with the operating system I have Vista Home Edition loaded onto my computer.

Because I tried the same on my other computer where I have windows XP it works perfectly fine.

If you know the settings to be applied to internet explorer for Vistas that will help me.

Also do you know any other website other that MERCURY PLANE EXAMPLE...as that website is currently down....

please advise..
I dont have access to vista, But i dont think that is the problem,I still strongly feel that you have entered the wrong URL in the Run time settings....sorry am not of hep regarding, but if you find the solution, please do tell me.
Hi ,

If you are using QTP with Vista , you have to make some changes it does not work like it does on XP .

I have attached a document , but I have not tried it out , so please give me feedback when you try it out

Sonia

Attached Files
.doc   vista.doc (Size: 14.5 KB / Downloads: 126)
Check this link....
http://www.sqaforums.com/showthreaded.php?Number=420972

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help for instruction to click on Skip button in the warning message vijilesh 0 1,355 09-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Last Post: vijilesh
  webpage WinObject has same name Ananthakumar_S 0 1,561 11-30-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Ananthakumar_S
  Check specific links of a webpage rocky9 1 2,547 06-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
Exclamation How to verify whether pdf is completely loaded or not in webpage nmakkena 1 2,475 08-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP 11.0 does not record web application shipu 6 6,925 08-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Last Post: riverdiego