Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Quality centre, How to see the results when executed in a batch?
Not Solved
Hi,
we are using Microsoft windows server 2003, in our company and in the same machine we have installed QTP.We dont have license to Quality centre, now my problem is :

I have around 120 automated tests, if i need to view the results if i execute them as a batch i need to open the individual test and then i am looking in to the results.This is a time cosuming process.Can any one help me in solving this problem.

My idea is to create a Dummy Data base, and save all those details in to one folder in to that data base and then pull all the results at once after the batch is executed.But i dont know:
1.What are the requirements to create a dummy data base.
2.How to default the results saving path to one folder in QTP.
3.How to present these outputs(pull) and make it as a record.

Can any one please help me...
Thanks
Ramakrishna
Not Solved
I will go far enough to give you the logic, try building it and let us know how far you have been...

Before i begin let me tell you, it is possible what you are trying to do. You have to first learn how QTP stores the results. There are two ways to do this,

1. There is a key in the registry which when enabled will create a folder in the Results folder called "Log". [ Clue : you will find the key from one of the posts on this forum. Learn to search and Search to Learn ]. Once you enable the key, write a vbscript to automatically copy the file after each run and store it in a particular location on the "dummy database" you intend to create. [ Clue : Use date time append to create unique file names ].

2. Results are stored in the XML format. You will programatically need to convert the XML files to the HTML / XSL files before creating the results in a readable format. However, QTP has a inbuilt stylesheets which come in two different formats. The long sheet which is a detailed report and the short sheet which is a consolidated report. The files can be found under the Dat folder.

Next, You will have to exploit the COM called "Msxml2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument" and Msxml2.XSLTemplate. The names of the sheets would be,

1.C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\dat\PShort.xsl
2.C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\dat\PDetailed.xsl

Once you create the HTML format or the XSL format you will then need to move the created files to a location using a Vbscript code exploiting the "FileScriptingObject".

Clue : If you research on the forum based on the above points you will know more about what i am talking.

does this light the torch ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Select case is not being executed in a Function Anupama 1 1,436 05-25-2018, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Anupama
  Attaching QTP result to Quality Center vikas_dhir 5 19,650 01-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Swetha_Bayya
  How to run VBScript file from quality center sree.85 0 2,401 10-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: sree.85
  Import Excel data from Quality Center into QTP Script smilefouru 6 22,103 04-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
  QTP Quality Center Version Control vijayendra.shukla 2 6,720 12-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Last Post: tirru