Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not able to record the script
Not Solved
Hi,

Can some one help. while recording the script through QTP the action which is recorded in the Expert View are different to what i have clicked.

For E.g If i have clicked on the 'My Account link' the action which is recored is 'Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").WebEdit("passwd").SetSecure "4c99930fed6d2cfcd2a5f2c84f758f37621908d3a4a4"'

Where the script should record that of 'My Account' link but it is not.

Pls help.

Varun Jain
Not Solved
Hi Varun .

Are you recording the login action also in your scenario? or Your just clicking on the 'My Account link'?... It looks like your login action is recorded and the rest of your actions are not properly recorded. Can you please give the steps you are performing.

Regards,
Balaji
Not Solved
Hi Balaji,

Thanks for your reply.

The steps i am following is.

1) Go to http://shopping.indiatimes.com
2) Click on the My Account tab
3) Login page open and then logged into the site.

But while clicking on the My Account link as said earlier following script is recorded. "Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").WebEdit("passwd").SetSecure "4c99930fed6d2cfcd2a5f2c84f758f37621908d3a4a4"

Thanks & Regards,
Varun Jain
Not Solved
Hi Varun ,

Just try deleting your browser cookies and your browsing history and try recording the same steps and let me know the results.

Regards,
Balaji
Not Solved
Hi Balaji,

Same has been done and tried again but same result is coming.

Regards,
Varun
Not Solved
Hi Varun .

Its strange , even i reproduced it ... Can you use descriptive programming and try , simultaneously i will also try with DP and let u knw the results.

Regards,
Balaji
Not Solved
Hi balaji,

It will be very helpful for me.

Thanks & Regards,
Varun Jain
Not Solved
Hi Varun,

Just check this,It is working fine for me.If you are getting any problem,please let me know.

Code:
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").WebElement("html tag:=A","class:=header_myaccount","Index:=0").Click
wait(3)
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").WebEdit("login").Click
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").WebEdit("login").Set "username"
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").WebEdit("passwd").Click
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").WebEdit("passwd").SetSecure "4c9b5ade2cf6c7834d11869fc78b2b70eb3805a4ef0c"
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").Image("sign-in").Click 40,12

Thanks
Vivek
Not Solved
Hi Vivek

Thanks for your reply...

But in my case following script is recorded

Code:
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").WebEdit("passwd").SetSecure "4c9c33105e4f43c12f0f68e15171854c89c5ef6d3f76"
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").WebEdit("login").Click
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").WebEdit("login").Set "test.ok2"
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").WebEdit("passwd").SetSecure "4c9c331867f45e5f0e445da9ee94b4050e7366ae"
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Indiatimes Shopping |").Image("sign-in").Click 41,15
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Page("Page").Sync
Browser("Indiatimes Shopping |").Close

Regards,
Varun
Not Solved
Hi,

Pls help in recording the script of the above said query.

Regards
Varun Jain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to record script in QTP? ashita 7 8,546 09-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Forrest Gump
  Enable to record script for web application shailesh 3 5,034 07-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Last Post: shailesh
  QTP 10- Unable to record script. psinha18 2 6,199 09-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Last Post: psinha18
  Test Script that can record the actions.. Sborrus 6 4,022 09-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Sborrus