Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not able to use wild character in string
Not Solved
Hello,

I am having difficulty in defining a string variable.
Its value is dynamic with only one digit change.

Dim Action, string1
string1 = "Actions;"&Action&";Affected Objects (1)"

In above case the the value of digit in closing parenthesis is dynamic.
I want to define string1 such that it will identify string1 for any value in parenthesis.

I tried to use wild character * and # but its not working.
Please help

Regards
Amit
Not Solved
What exactly you are trying to do?
-Adding object to OR to identify the element on UI? or Compare the value with UI value?
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
Hello Supputuri,

I am trying to identify the element on UI. The value of element is dynamic (only one character is dynamic).

JavaWindow("window").JavaTree("JTree").Select "Actions;"&Action&";Affected Objects (1)"

- Now in above case the value of digit in closing parenthesis is dynamic.
i.e. JavaWindow("window").JavaTree("JTree").Select "Actions;"&Action&";Affected Objects (2)"
JavaWindow("window").JavaTree("JTree").Select "Actions;"&Action&";Affected Objects (3)"

- I want to select the element in tree irrespective of any value in parenthesis.

Thanks
Amit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  String Pattern : Alternet Character Capital abhideshpande001 4 3,303 09-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Last Post: abhideshpande001
  VB Script:number of times a character appears in a string with position Jyobtech 1 11,699 08-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Last Post: anil2u
  How to have a variable that has a string comma string .. shareq1310 5 4,769 11-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Last Post: parminderdhiman84
Question String Comparison using escape character Charanpreet 2 3,869 04-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Last Post: sreekanth chilam
  string function to get a letter from a string ajay.r1982 3 7,342 06-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Ankur