Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object Identification Issue - Oracle App
Not Solved
Hi All,

It's first time that I'm going to test an Oracle App with QTP. Unfortunately I'm stuck in the very 1st step only. Sad

QTP is not identifying any of the Oracle objects. It is considering all the objects as either WinObject/WinCheckbox.

See the attached screen print of application I am testing.

Pls Note:
I'm loading Web & Oracle add-in.
PC in which I have QTP installed is running Windows 7

Please help me out...

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
HI,

Have you open the QTP first followed by application. Just check do u have addins for Java.

Regards,
Sankalp
Not Solved
Yes I open Oracle App only after opening QTP. Also I have installed and loaded Oracle Add-In.
Any other solution?
Not Solved
Hi,

IS the application and qtp are on the same machine?

Regards,
Sankalp
Not Solved
Hi,

As you have mentioned that you are testing an oracle application for the first time,
Please see "Considerations for Working with the Oracle Add-in" in "HP quick test professional Add-ins Guide"
This describes all the pre-conditions required to run a test on oracle application.
Hope you will keep us posted of your findings.

Regards,
Ravi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enabling Smart Identification for SAP Gui object prasanna.kale5@gmail.com 0 838 12-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Last Post: prasanna.kale5@gmail.com
  UFT unable to identify Java app objects consistently lester 1 1,775 07-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Object identification is taking too much time JACKSPARROW 0 1,586 01-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Last Post: JACKSPARROW
  Object Identification approach sams001 2 2,392 06-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
Shy Java Swing application objects identification issue kavithaminu 2 3,140 07-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Last Post: uftuser18